Issues with DS-2CD2347G1-LU

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ha...embarrassed to say this after buying the budget cam.

I figured out the issue when I was in my basement watching a movie. The new AV Receiver I purchased seemed to be acting up and I was unable to download an update to it. So I check the network settings, for some reason my router leased the same IP address that the Hikvision was on to my AVR, so there were conflicting IPs which was causing the network abnormalities. It must have literally been the one camera I forgot to reserve the address for in my router (all 7 other cameras had reserved IPs). Odd that the AVR would somehow get the same IP address especially since it would have been in use when the AVR was connected?

Live and learn! Guess I will remount the Hikvision and figure out where I can use the budget camera.

So after all that, nothing to do with corrosion, just user error in the network setup!

Doh!
You should always set a STATIC Ip in each camera, and the IP should be in a range that is outside the DHCP range of the router.
It would avoid headaches like this.
Actually, I'm a believer of setting static IP's in most everything to avoid headaches.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You should always set a STATIC Ip in each camera, and the IP should be in a range that is outside the DHCP range of the router.
It would avoid headaches like this.
Actually, I'm a believer of setting static IP's in most everything to avoid headaches.
Yea that’s what I did for 7 out of 8 cameras..both in the camera and on my router as a reservation.

For some reason I only did it in my camera and not on the router this time, and the DHCP server must have served up the same IP address to the AVR for some weird reason. It shouldn’t do that but regardless, should have thought of that when I noticed the weird connectivity issues.

denizkaan

n3wb
Reaction score
It may also be a bad camera, or a bad connection inside at the switch or a bad switch. That is why you need to test it first to confirm.

Last edited: