Is a NAS an overkill?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
thats not the dimensions, maybe the packaging..

the AC Lite I linked to I have right above my desk, here is a pic

Ive got the Long Range (LR) model too, its perhaps an inch larger in diamater..

plugging it into your router would be fine, this uses a diffrent poe so just use the included PoE injector that comes with it and rock on my friend.

Attachments

Mike K

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thats not the dimensions, maybe the packaging..

the AC Lite I linked to I have right above my desk, here is a pic

Ive got the Long Range (LR) model too, its perhaps an inch larger in diamater..

plugging it into your router would be fine, this uses a diffrent poe so just use the included PoE injector that comes with it and rock on my friend.
I checked it out on YouTube and it looks like the "Lite" version would do the job and I like the idea of enabling my tree customers with WiFi while there on the farm around the buildings.

What would life be without YouTube

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
lol, yeah im sure most of kids now days are videotaping dad strapping the tree to the car in hopes of catching some epic fail..

i know I would have been, but when I was a kid video cameras cost several thousand dollars, weighed 20lbs and only worked off batteries for 20-30mins... youtube was still Candid camera and then later America's Funniest Home Videos... like what, a grand total of 10h of video a year haha.

im sure every one with a tiny car and a big tree is gona grab a pic and post it to the internet, they cant resist anymore.. its free marketing for you, so put signs up all over your loading area so you can photobomb the selfies :)

When we go for cruises in the mountains in December, our animal counting game turns into the tree strapped to a roof game.. whoever spots the most wins! there are a fuckload haha

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike K

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I wish I had taken a video of the guy who tied his tree to the top of his car by running the rope through his open windows. After he spent a good long time doing a very careful job, and he was ready to leave he noticed he could not open his doors to get into his car. I still get a good laugh every time i tell that true story to new customers.

Kingsley

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
These ones are better, dual band AC: http://www.amazon.com/Ubiquiti-Networks-Enterprise-System-UAP-AC-LITE-US/dp/B015PR20GY/

but 24v POE is not same as your IP Cameras, but this will convert it for you: http://www.amazon.com/Ubiquiti-8023AF-O-Instant-Instantly-Transform/dp/B00HF91P44/r

they support doing a Guest WiFi, put it where most of your customers are going to be and the'll use it to post pictures of there new trees before they even leave your property :)
According to the data sheet for the wireless AP, purchase of a single unit includes an 24v adapter in the box.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.