ipcamtalk forum software spontaneously rejecting users’ email

Swampledge

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Posting here because there doesn’t seem to be a forum related to forum issues.

About a week ago, I lost posting and attachment viewing privileges because the forum software couldn’t reach or verify (I don’t recall the exact wording of the banner) the email address that I’ve been registered with since joining. I solved the problem by changing my account to a different email address in a different domain. Several days later, the problem happened again. I tried changing my account back to the original address, but never received confirmation emails at the spurned account. I’m now functioning using a third email, but I’m starting to run out of email addresses. :)

I‘m aware that @Parley also had this problem, and @Mike is working on it. I’m also guessing others have also experienced this. Just thought there should be a thread here someplace where maybe advice on how to resolve could be posted.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Posting here because there doesn’t seem to be a forum related to forum issues.

About a week ago, I lost posting and attachment viewing privileges because the forum software couldn’t reach or verify (I don’t recall the exact wording of the banner) the email address that I’ve been registered with since joining. I solved the problem by changing my account to a different email address in a different domain. Several days later, the problem happened again. I tried changing my account back to the original address, but never received confirmation emails at the spurned account. I’m now functioning using a third email, but I’m starting to run out of email addresses. :)

I‘m aware that @Parley also had this problem, and @Mike is working on it. I’m also guessing others have also experienced this. Just thought there should be a thread here someplace where maybe advice on how to resolve could be posted.
I also had this problem, I am not sure how it fixed it self still have the same user account.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
It has happened to other members in the past:

StevenFromTexas

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I had to change my email address from one ending in sbcglobal.net to one that ends in gmail.com on September 28, 2023. About a week ago, I tried to go back to my original email address without success, so I'm still stuck with a gmail.com address on this website.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry everyone, the email server has been having issues. I have been fixing them and it should be ironed out soon. This "feature" has been shutoff and will remain off. Once you are confirmed you will remain confirmed.
Is it rejecting emails that bounce and some email providers are spam bouncing the forum emails?

StevenFromTexas

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The problem isn't resolved on my end.

I had to change my email address from one ending in sbcglobal.net to one that ends in gmail.com on September 28, 2023. Just tried twice on December 10, 2023 to go back to my regular email address ending in sbcglobal.net without success, so I'm still using one that ends in gmail.com. Yahoo is blocking emails from IP Cam Talk to my sbcglobal.net email address and they're not going to the Spam folder either.

I detest Yahoo. Those scumbags continully put valid emails into a Spam folder and then sometimes not even there. :banghead:

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh man, I hate sbcglobal! That email service has always given me trouble across so many sites. I believe the yare phasing it out? Either way, I submitted a request to them, will chime back when I hear from them.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
@Mike - Will I have a problem if I try switching back to my comcast.net email address? Would be preferred, simply to not have too many email addresses.

Thanks.
The bounce option has been shut off completely, so you won't have an issue with your account, but make sure you are getting emails from the forum there. If you have a gmail, use that for now.