IPCam tester I can rely on?

Legolad

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @EMPIRETECANDY,

I would very much like to purchase an IPCam tester like this IPC9800 Plus unit.

Is that something you sell or could sell? If not, could you share a link to one that you think is trustworthy? There are so many fakes and knockoffs out there, I would rather buy from a reliable source like you.

Thanks. :)

Legolad

n3wb
Reaction score
Wouldn’t a good network cable tester suffice? If you suspect the cable a good cable tester should be able to highlight possible issues.
Yes. It would. If the cable were the only possible problem. I do have a cable tester. But in my case the cables check out fine. So it's either the cams, the POE switch, or the NVR. I just want to have a tool that will help me troubleshoot these things end-to-end. I hate not having the proper tools. :)

kklee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I bought one of these and have been very happy with it:

There are many vendors selling this same tester under different brand names, but this may be the OEM: IP Analog CVI TVI AHD cctv tester

It's been extremely useful for troubleshooting and setting up POE cameras. It can power a POE camera (also has a coax dongle to supply power separately if needed) . It has basic cable testing abilities. The nice thing is that you can strap it to your wrist and use it while on a ladder to aim/focus a camera. One of the most useful features that I've found with it is that it can scan for the IP address of the camera and allows you to configure it without having to plug it into your network. You can also plug the tester into your network and scan that way too.

If you're constantly playing around with POE cameras, it a worthwhile investment.

Legolad

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought one of these and have been very happy with it:

There are many vendors selling this same tester under different brand names, but this may be the OEM: IP Analog CVI TVI AHD cctv tester

It's been extremely useful for troubleshooting and setting up POE cameras. It can power a POE camera (also has a coax dongle to supply power separately if needed) . It has basic cable testing abilities. The nice thing is that you can strap it to your wrist and use it while on a ladder to aim/focus a camera. One of the most useful features that I've found with it is that it can scan for the IP address of the camera and allows you to configure it without having to plug it into your network. You can also plug the tester into your network and scan that way too.

If you're constantly playing around with POE cameras, it a worthwhile investment.
Excellent! Thank you very much, @kklee