IPC-T5842T-ZE

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
My 1st. pic from one of Andy's IPC-T5842T-ZE camera. HK to my door in Texas and running in 5 days.
No adjustment other than Config tool. It took longer to walk outside and plug it in.5842.jpg

plop55

n3wb
Reaction score
Will this be available soon? I just installed mine as an ID camera, and SmartIR is the only missing thing for me!

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Will this be available soon? I just installed mine as an ID camera, and SmartIR is the only missing thing for me!
It's already available for $239.99 on Andy's Amazon store. I can't make up my mind to get another 4K-X or IPC-T5842T-ZE myself as well. :)

Amazon.com

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

plop55

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Gary @garycrist

I'd like to invite you to test the smart IR fw for this IPC-T5842T-ZE, i send you a DM.
Please check.

Andy
It's already available for $239.99 on Andy's Amazon store. I can't make up my mind to get another 4K-X or IPC-T5842T-ZE myself as well. :)

Amazon.com
I meant the SmartIR firmware - I just bought and installed this camera from Andy!

I’ve also noticed that IVS doesn’t seem to work well at all on this firmware… essentially useless compared to the 5442 cams I have - will new firmware address this too?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I meant the SmartIR firmware - I just bought and installed this camera from Andy!

I’ve also noticed that IVS doesn’t seem to work well at all on this firmware… essentially useless compared to the 5442 cams I have - will new firmware address this too?
@Wildcat_1 has a review for the smart IR version fw on this link.

plop55

n3wb
Reaction score
@plop55 you said the IVS never work on this camera, we haven't get the report, have you ever try on the IE browser?
I can set up the IVS - turn it on, draw zones and tripwires, etc - like I can with my 5442 cams, but it fails to trigger once everything is set up, or triggers without any motion if sensitivity is maxed - far more finnicky than I’m used to with the 5442 cams. Has to be a firmware issue. Normal video detection (basic motion) works fine.

Maybe the new SmartIR firmware will be different?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, this or 4K-X? I like that this is varifocal and IR but not sure if night performance is near the same?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, kind of different cams for different purposes. I think that for mine the 4K-X probably would be a bigger difference at night over the 5442T-ZE. At least assuming that I can get it to work well in color given the lack of light that I have here. I could easily add some but kind of trying to avoid that.

Ehhh... I know I'll break down and try the 4K-X eventually. Who am I kidding? It just looks too damn good. ; )

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah, kind of different cams for different purposes. I think that for mine the 4K-X probably would be a bigger difference at night over the 5442T-ZE. At least assuming that I can get it to work well in color given the lack of light that I have here. I could easily add some but kind of trying to avoid that.

Ehhh... I know I'll break down and try the 4K-X eventually. Who am I kidding? It just looks too damn good. ; )
Both cameras are available in Andy's store now for around the same price. I think 4K-X is better in low light full color. I haven't install mine yet, but when I tested it on my window at night the other day it make the street looks like almost day time with just street light.

I don't have the IPC-T5842T-ZE right now. But from WildCat's review video the overall picture during the day time look amazing and varifocal. That's why I'm ambivalent about getting another 4k X or the or IPC-T5842T-ZE.

4K-X two way audio is a plus for me too as I want to talk to the people just in case. The only negative for me is this camera is pretty big in person. I didn't realize when I was watching the review video or wasn't paying attention to the size. I still prefer turret style a little more than bullet style.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, given that I already have several T5442T-ZEs, I'm not sure that there's enough of an incremental difference to move me to replace one with the 5842. If I didn't, then maybe I'd go that way instead. No way either one will run color at night here. The 4K-X is kind of a completely different animal. I'd have a 5442 and the 4K-X covering the same general area from different positions, so kind of get the best of both types that way. I'd rather have a turret too but I can live with a bullet where it would be going.