IPC-T5442T-ZE IPC-T5442TM-AS latest new firmware 20201019

SkyLake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As far as i know, you don't have to install a previous update, to install a newer one.

The only problem could occur if the manufacturer changed the hardware version of a device. But in those cases, the firmware will not be accepted by the camera itself.

I didn’t upgrade to the latest one since the general advise seems to be to not touch it if it ain’t broke. Problem with that is we end up on a very old firmware and when the time does come to upgrade (maybe a new feature or improvement fix) then we are left scrambling trying to figure out what intermediate firmware we need prior to upgrading. I wonder if there’s a URL that explains the min requirements for each firmware.

generalinq

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I thought I recall seeing a message from Andy suggesting that if you have an older firmware on your device (I believe he was referring to the NVR) then you need to use a specific firmware prior to using the latest. I could be wrong.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I thought I recall seeing a message from Andy suggesting that if you have an older firmware on your device (I believe he was referring to the NVR) then you need to use a specific firmware prior to using the latest. I could be wrong.
Sometimes, but rarely is that a problem, with Dahua.
It's best, if it's not broke, don't fix it.
Now Hikvision does require sequential firmware updates. On some models.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
NVR if all at 2.0 version can be updated without problem.
Normally all cams fw gap within 2 years, no problem to upgrade.