IPC-T5442T-ZE IPC-T5442TM-AS IPC-T5842T-ZE SMD 3.0 Smart IR Latest New Firmware From EmpireTech

Zimberto

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY I was so happy when you announced your website, as this means having all latest firmwares at one place - empiretech01.com/pages/download-firmwares , instead of searching this forum (and getting confused in multiple threads) every time.

Or so I thought. After I updated my camera with the FW from your site, it lost the model information :oops: Which firmware shall we use, and do you intend to make your website the source of the latest firmwares? Thank you
20220818 is here:

Reverting the firmware does not seem to restore the device type.

@EMPIRETECANDY ... WTF?? No version notes, no versions history, known buggy versions. What's the point?

Last edited:

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Just FYI, updated my 5842 to 2.840.15OG00D.0.R, Build Date: 2022-08-18 and now in BI get thousands of "Events: request 8000ffff" in the log.

Turning off ONVIF authentication in the cam stops it. As does unchecking "Get ONVIF trigger events" but the latter doesn't work if you want to get the IVS triggers.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Just FYI, updated my 5842 to 2.840.15OG00D.0.R, Build Date: 2022-08-18 and now in BI get thousands of "Events: request 8000ffff" in the log.

Turning off ONVIF authentication in the cam stops it. As does unchecking "Get ONVIF trigger events" but the latter doesn't work if you want to get the IVS triggers.
Are you running the latest version of stable BI?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Dare we ask why you updated lol

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, not typical for me but reading this thread yesterday I saw:

...highly recommend to update, esp the 4K models.

This firmware is working great with the help of @Wildcat_1 , has big improvement on the 4K model day and night pics.
Sucked me in. lol But does seem to have improved things as far as that goes at least. I just turned off ONVIF authentication for the moment so no big deal. Just wanted to post so it would be noted.

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes. Was doing it with an earlier 5.7.7.x version so I updated to 5.7.8.3. But continues.
Not sure if this is a proper workaround, but more of an observation: you can leave the camera firmware ONVIF Authentication on, and when you have an event that triggers this stream of "Events: request 8000ffff" (this can be from simply rebooting the cameras by power cycling them, or rebooting your POE switch), go into the BI console and open the "Camera settings" dialog box, then simply clicking the main OK button will stop this stream of errors. It must force BI to reestablish the authentication as far as I can tell.

Another note: I have had this situation seemingly randomly appear on some of my 5442 cameras, but not all. My hunch is that I have upgraded the firmware on some of them without going through a proper "full" reset to the factory defaults of the camera (I know, I know...I should know better, but have been lazy sometimes). If you have the time, this might be the route to truly fixing the problem, it is just a bit tedious. The other concern is that it almost seems like a controversial subject on how best to achieve that proper full reset: some say to do it three times through the GUI, some say to do it with the physical button inside the camera housing....it's almost as if we need to do the magical "turn three times counterclockwise while patting your head" dance to get it done :lol:.

Good luck, and keep us posted of any other observations you have on this subject

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Hitting the OK button didn't work with mine. Errors continue to pile up.

Tried doing Find/Inspect again several times and changing a few other things. No effect.

I did do a reset after I did the update. It's an easy to get to cam. I'll hang a chicken foot over it and try the multi-reset tomorrow when I get a chance.

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hitting the OK button didn't work with mine. Errors continue to pile up.
Huh, you might be running into another issue I have had as well: these Dahua cameras can be very stubborn about mixing and matching the (main) Admin: Username and Password vs. the "optional" ONVIF Username and Password. Frankly it's a bit of a rabbit hole getting those sorted, and good luck if you if you dare use any nonstandard (strictly alpha-numeric) characters in either one. Ask me how I know.... I had an @ symbol in one of mine that caused nothing but trouble, particularly when trying to pass commands from BI to switch the Day/Night settings. That alone may make it worthwhile doing a true hard reset, and I would (at least initially) try deliberately not creating an ONVIF user, as the main Admin user/password should carry over in the absense of a specifically defined ONVIF user/password.

Eagle29

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Andy, do you know, if any updated firmware will be released for below mentioned 3 camera in this year - 2023?

IPC-T5842T-ZE
IPC-B5842-ZE-S2
IPC-B5842E-Z4E-S2

Ollie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,
I just want to be sure..

Is there a new firmware for IPC-T5442TM-AS ?

I saw this file:
General_IPC-HX5XXX-Volt_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.840.0000000.25.R.230425.bin

It is from: 18-Jul-2023

I believe i can update IPC-T5442TM LED as well (though it is IR firmware)?

dt-cam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
what is the latest firmware for camera model IPC-T5442T-ZE?

edit

i found this

EmpireTech IPC-HX5XXX-Volt_MultiLang_NP_Stream3_V2.840.15OG00D.0.R.220818.bin

by doing a search here

i downloaded the firmware but when i click improvements, it just takes me back to the firmware page it doesn't download or show the improvements.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
what is the latest firmware for camera model IPC-T5442T-ZE?

edit

i found this

EmpireTech IPC-HX5XXX-Volt_MultiLang_NP_Stream3_V2.840.15OG00D.0.R.220818.bin

by doing a search here

i downloaded the firmware but when i click improvements, it just takes me back to the firmware page it doesn't download or show the improvements.
Keep in mind there are different chipsets now and two different firmware's depending on whether you have the old gui (grey) or the new gui (white).

What issue are you having that you hope firmware will fix and what version are you on now?

dt-cam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Keep in mind there are different chipsets now and two different firmware's depending on whether you have the old gui (grey) or the new gui (white).

What issue are you having that you hope firmware will fix and what version are you on now?
i haven't used the camera in a while and always figured being on the latest firmware was good practice. when i power it up i'll let you know which gui version i have. camera was purchased a few years ago.

i'm a bit disappointed to hear that there are different chipsets for the same model camera, that doesn't make any sense to me. a new chipset should be a new model number. very confusing, imo.