IPC-T2347G-LU Color-VU camera Admin Password issues

dnsource

n3wb
Reaction score
I downloaded the SADP tool from hikvision. The app finds the camera without a problem but for some reason I cant log in with the typical hikvision default passwords. I have tried: admin, 12345, 1234, and password. I would really appreciate any help.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The app finds the camera without a problem but for some reason I cant log in with the typical hikvision default passwords.
There are no default passwords on current version firmware - haven't been for quite a while.

SADP should show a newly-purchased camera as status=Inactive.
If it shows as 'Active', someone has already put a password on and you will need to reset the camera back to defaults with the reset button under the hatch on the body.

To 'Activate' the camera you need to create your own strong password.
Select the camera in SADP and use the Activate boxes.

dnsource

n3wb
Reaction score
There are no default passwords on current version firmware - haven't been for quite a while.

SADP should show a newly-purchased camera as status=Inactive.
If it shows as 'Active', someone has already put a password on and you will need to reset the camera back to defaults with the reset button under the hatch on the body.

To 'Activate' the camera you need to create your own strong password.
Select the camera in SADP and use the Activate boxes.
I tried resetting the camera by holding the reset button for 10 seconds, I even switched to a different port on the switch. NO LUCK :(

it shows up as Active

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I tried resetting the camera by holding the reset button for 10 seconds, I even switched to a different port on the switch. NO LUCK
The method is as follows:
With the camera powered off, hold the reset button in.
Power on the camera.
Keep the button pressed for around 30 seconds.