IPC-HFW5442E-S - no option for 60 FPS

MicahJames

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello- I purchased these units since specs were advertised everywhere as 60 FPS @ 1080p. However, I dont see any option combination in the mainstream that surpasses 30 FPS @ 1080p. Does anyone know if there is a certain settings combination that i'm missing?

thank you!

Attachments

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Were did you purchase the camera ?

The PDF documentation for the camera from dahua only indicates 30FPS

Last edited:

MicahJames

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
eBay. There are a lot of sellers of this model and each of them list it at 1080@60

if you google search the aforementioned model there are a lot of 60 FPS mentions. But I see the official doc from dahua showing max resolution at 30. Hmm. I can contact the seller and inquire.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
With ebay and amazon, you are dealing with Chinese vendors. There is no incentive to tell the truth, sales are what counts. The camera you have may have been hacked to English and may not support upgrades.

MicahJames

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
With ebay and amazon, you are dealing with Chinese vendors. There is no incentive to tell the truth, sales are what counts. The camera you have may have been hacked to English and may not support upgrades.
That’s very unfortunate. I reached out for support I’ll see what happens. Are you aware of any 60fps cameras with 1/1.8” censors ?

MicahJames

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What are you recording that requires 60fps?
No requirement. Just a beautiful picture. I will have it set at 30 at 3mp that still looks nice. I really enjoy the smoothness of 60 FPS for overview images that don’t require Face ID /detail

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No requirement. Just a beautiful picture. I will have it set at 30 at 3mp that still looks nice. I really enjoy the smoothness of 60 FPS for overview images that don’t require Face ID /detail
60 fps is a waste of resources.

MicahJames

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Also storage. You need to use 4 times the bitrate to achieve the same image quality as 15fps.
I have the resources so I’m not concerned about that. I just wanted the extra frames for personal satisfaction. It’s ok it looks like I got a little lesson on eBay auctions

MicahJames

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
thanks slacker ill look at that.

I found new firmware on dahlias website but there are four different versions. does anyone know the difference?Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 8.51.45 PM.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@MicahJames - given where you bought the camera, in all likelihood trying to update will brick it. Look up how many bought a camera from a questionable source and bricked it trying to do a firmware update.

MicahJames

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Dang. Ok good info to know. I messaged the seller about upgrading. I had no idea there was a black market for these cameras. Is it all the same hardware with different clone firmware? Hmm

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Dang. Ok good info to know. I messaged the seller about upgrading. I had no idea there was a black market for these cameras. Is it all the same hardware with different clone firmware? Hmm
You should have no problem updating that camera as its an international model dahua.