IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M IPC-HX5X3X-Multi-Rhea_Eng_V2.622.0000000.38.R.211029 Dual lens Firmware

archedraft

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My camera was experiencing some issues and based on the recent good reviews here on the firmware, I decided to update. After the firmware update, I get this lovely shade of green! I tried both the firmware from Dahua's website and the one Andy has on the first page of this forum. Any suggestions on next steps.

1663103457387.png

walkjp1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry to ask, cannot find info even though I know it is here. How do I setup these cameras for blue iris viewing of both lenses?

Thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry to ask, cannot find info even though I know it is here. How do I setup these cameras for blue iris viewing of both lenses?

Thanks
Add camera and put in IP address and user/password for camera 1

Then copy camera and then open the dropdown for mainstream and substream and select the option that has number 2 in it.

Then to the left of that is a box that says Camera No - select 2

walkjp1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Add camera and put in IP address and user/password for camera 1

Then copy camera and then open the dropdown for mainstream and substream and select the option that has number 2 in it.

Then to the left of that is a box that says Camera No - select 2
Thank you, Works Fine now

Is this camera difficult to set up when adding to NVR?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you, Works Fine now

Is this camera difficult to set up when adding to NVR?
Basically the same way. Depending on the NVR, it might pull both in automatically.

Do keep in mind that for NVR purposes, this does count as 2 cameras, so you will end up with a POE port not used on the NVR. So if you have an 8 camera NVR and 7 cameras already, it will only see one of these cameras.

walkjp1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Basically the same way. Depending on the NVR, it might pull both in automatically.

Do keep in mind that for NVR purposes, this does count as 2 cameras, so you will end up with a POE port not used on the NVR. So if you have an 8 camera NVR and 7 cameras already, it will only see one of these cameras.
Thank you very much

walkjp1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am having problems viewing these cameras through the DMSS app. Maybe they require a lot of bandwith? Cannot even open 1 stream most times. Any ideas how to fix this?

glura

n3wb
Reaction score
yes, you just make the update with that fw on dahua website, the 4mp has bit good improvement compare to the 2mp.
The 2mp i have a latest new one released at Dec.2021, if you are interested, can contact me for a trying, i will release here later when we test it.
Is there a new firmware? I had not logged into my IPC-HDBW4231f-e2-m cameras (2MP, dual lens, 3.6mm) for quite some time and noticed there was a notification for a firmware update. I chose to update and now they show as Software Version2.622.0000000.38.R, Build Date: 2021-10-29
Is there anything newer? It would be nice to have both channels be able to use the smart detection.
btw, the cameras (i have 2) have been working great for several years now in extreme weather conditions here in North Dakota :)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is there a new firmware? I had not logged into my IPC-HDBW4231f-e2-m cameras (2MP, dual lens, 3.6mm) for quite some time and noticed there was a notification for a firmware update. I chose to update and now they show as Software Version2.622.0000000.38.R, Build Date: 2021-10-29
Is there anything newer? It would be nice to have both channels be able to use the smart detection.
btw, the cameras (i have 2) have been working great for several years now in extreme weather conditions here in North Dakota :)
A firmware update does not add both channel smart detection - it is a limitation of the hardware. You would have to go to the 4MP version of the camera to get that.

SBGolf

n3wb
Reaction score
Hoping someone can help. I have 4 of these IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M boobie cams (2MP) and noticed there was the R38 firmware update available. I upgraded all of them and 2 had no issues and are running fine after the upgrade. The other 2 seem to have gotten bricked and were stuck in a boot loop. So I went through the UART port, nothing seemed corrupt with the environment variables, no errors on bootup. I was able to upgrade successfully over TFTP, tried going back to R36 and then to the R38 version posted at the top of this thread (thats the only versions I could find) but these 2 cams still have the boot loop issue. The firmware starts up, I can connect over the web interface and through ConfigTool. Within ~2 minutes they reboot. If I try to stream from them while they are up, no video comes through and they reboot. Thought it was maybe a firmware signing issue but the other 2 cams upgraded just fine with the same firmware. Any ideas?

Attachments