IPC-Color4K-X 4K/8MP 1/1.2” CMOS sensor (N85EFN2) problem

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
FORGET FREAKING INITIALIZING THE DAMN CAM. lol

Yes, as we said. change IP on your computer temporarily to 192.168.1.200 (or whatever).

Access the cam at 192.168.1.108.

Change the IP to 10.0.5.47 (or whatever) mask 255.255.255.0

Hit Save.

Change computer back to 10.0.5.50.

Try to access the cam at 10.0.5.47 (or whatever address).

sidpost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I reached Dahua USA tech support today and, the initial report was that this is not a Dahua camera which is likely why I'm having so much trouble with the IP addressing.

The Serial Number search came back to Empire Tech and they confirmed this is an unsupported product on their end and, my issue is likely a firmware problem.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I reached Dahua USA tech support today and, the initial report was that this is not a Dahua camera which is likely why I'm having so much trouble with the IP addressing.

The Serial Number search came back to Empire Tech and they confirmed this is an unsupported product on their end and, my issue is likely a firmware problem.
NO it's not.
It's a user problem.
Have you TRIED all the suggestions you have been given in this thread?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

THAT HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. Operator error.

Andy's cameras are Dahua OEM. Dahua will not take your call unless you are a professional distributor, thus they pawned you off.

Everyone of us with this camera had no problem setting it up....

In the Jack Nicholson voice "You can't handle the good cameras. Consumer Ring cameras for you" LOL :lmao:

Everything you have shown us is showing operator error and yet you do not follow what we have said.

Just kidding, but if you follow what we say, it will work....This is the way...

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
He never listened.
Computer and camera need to 'talk" on 192.168.1.x network. Thru I. E.
reset cams to factory. plug in 1 cam. surf to .108
follow the prompts.
go to Network in the Camera
an assign the Static address to what ever Network scheme your running.
no config tool.

sidpost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
FORGET FREAKING INITIALIZING THE DAMN CAM. lol

Yes, as we said. change IP on your computer temporarily to 192.168.1.200 (or whatever).

Access the cam at 192.168.1.108.

Change the IP to 10.0.5.47 (or whatever) mask 255.255.255.0

Hit Save.

Change computer back to 10.0.5.50.

Try to access the cam at 10.0.5.47 (or whatever address).
I have already tried that without success. My PC says that I have an invalid configuration and only accepts DHCP.

I'm wondering if this is being enforced by my Internet Service Provider since I can't even save with the same settings I have manually.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have already tried that without success. My PC says that I have an invalid configuration and only accepts DHCP.

I'm wondering if this is being enforced by my Internet Service Provider since I can't even save with the same settings I have manually.
Operator error....even if your ISP doesn't allow you to change the IP address of THEIR router, you can still change your computer... I set my cameras up on an old computer that doesn't even have wifi and is not connected to the internet at all.

But for kicks and giggles, let's assume that is the case...Unhook your computer from the internet and you will not have that problem....

As I said before, go into ethernet settings and using the IPv4 settings manually change the IP address of the laptop to 192.168.1.100.

1643659199778.png

Then go to INTERNET EXPLORER and type in 192.168.1.108 (default IP address of Dahua cameras) and you will then access the camera.

Tell it you are in the USA and give it a user and password.

Then go to the camera Network settings and change the camera to the IP address range of your home network (in your case is is 10.0.5.XXX), but have the last digits something not already assigned to a device on your network.

Then go back into ethernet settings and change the computer IP address back to what it was previously (probably DHCP Obtain an IP address automatically)

Then replug in everything like it was and proceed from there.

DONE

fergenheimer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Hi @sidpost, there is no reason your pc cannot be set to a 192.168.1.xxx address unless it is locked down by some IT. If it is your pc and you have admin rights to it, then you can change it.
I would divorce from any external network like your isp by pulling the WAN plug on your switch. You need the switch to provide power to the camera but it will not manage IP address so you are good there.
Since your camera is defaulted (still?) at 192.168.1.108, you need your pc in the same neighborhood so plug it into the same switch. Use windows built in tools to change the ethernet adapter in ipv4 to 192.168.1.111 or anything except 108. Then using iexplorer, type 192.168.1.108 and it will come up.
While typing, @wittaj gave instructions on how to change ip address in windows.

fergenheimer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anybody on here uses 10.0.... instead of 192.168.... 10.0.... sounds like business class routers instead of home router. I have never had a consumer base router that uses anything except 192.168... for it's dhcp leases.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anybody on here uses 10.0.... instead of 192.168.... 10.0.... sounds like business class routers instead of home router. I have never had a consumer base router that uses anything except 192.168... for it's dhcp leases.
10.0.X.X is common for Dahua NVRs assignment for cameras. Not the case here, but you are probably right that this is a ISP provided router and he cannot change its IP address.

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No matter how frustrating, head banging or baffling an issue seems to be the answers offered up here are always ripe with learning points. A newer user (myself most definitely included) could stumble upon the same issue being discussed and I'm pretty sure each and every one of those threads would offer a few things - a reinforcement of best practices, which go a long, long way towards speed tracking the reader towards a solution, as well as subtle variations on a theme based on hardware differences, or software etc. All of which will speak to that particular user who happens to be working with that same or similar configuration.

The great thing is that these best practices, and trouble shooting approaches will follow us across every camera we set up, or network we deploy or ..

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
We really need a good "Little Golden Books Guide to Getting My New Dahua Cam on My Network" sticky or wiki or something. An easy 4th grade level read with lots of pictures to walk someone through it like wittaj's post above.

Same thread 10 times every week.

sidpost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
We really need a good "Little Golden Books Guide to Getting My New Dahua Cam on My Network" sticky or wiki or something. An easy 4th grade level read with lots of pictures to walk someone through it like wittaj's post above.

Same thread 10 times every week.
The instructions included were pretty basic at best and a real "vision test". The sticker for the QR code was hidden under a flap in the box as well. For those of us without a lot of networking knowledge, going down the Google "rabbit hole" just adds to the overall confusion. In my case, turning off my WiFi on my laptop was an obtuse discovery and my ISP constantly hitting my router didn't help much either.

A good WiKi or FAQ would have been super helpful and saved me a good deal of frustration.

I should note that one of my two initial cameras actually had a manufacturing defect which I discovered resetting it. When I opened it up to reset it, I could see a pinched ribbon cable which may or may not have been why I had so much trouble with it.

Had I not opened up the second camera to find the QR code for the software and used that camera to compare it against the first one to discover the inconsistent connection and get the factory software from the QR code linked to a mystery web address, I would have been likely to box them up and give another brand a try.

Last edited:

Justin Blackburn

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I never download any software or scan any QR code. I simply go to 192.168.1.108 and set them up from there. If you buy a hikvision cam they are usually at 192.168.1.64 I do understand how this can be confusing for someone who hasn’t done it before tho. With that said, your next camera can be set up in a few minutes, now that you know. Enjoy your cameras and welcome to the addiction. You picked an awesome camera.