IPC-Color4K-X 4K/8MP 1/1.2” CMOS sensor (N85EFN2) problem

sidpost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I know it's bad etiquette to repeat myself. Doing this just in case. Regarding config tool not letting you change the IP address, when you initialize the camera, you give it a password. You must then change the stored password in config tool (in Search Settings) before altering the camera's IP address. I'm not saying I know this is causing your problem, just that I've been caught by this a few times.
Yes! :wave:

The camera password and the Config Tool search password are the same. I tried this three times in case I "fat-fingered" something.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most of us do not use the Config Tool as it in most instances you are putting your camera on the internet, albeit maybe temporarily...

The easiest way is to take a laptop or computer (if it has an ethernet port) or a tower and turn off wifi and connect the camera cable to the laptop (obviously you need power so if it is on a POE switch then connect a cable from the switch to the computer).

Then go into ethernet settings and manually change the IP address of the laptop to 192.168.1.100.

Then go to a browser and type in 192.168.1.108 (default IP address of Dahua cameras) and you will then access the camera.

Then change the camera to the IP address range of your home network (using the IPv4 settings), but have the last digits something not already assigned.

Then go back into ethernet settings and change the computer IP address back to what it was previously (probably DHCP)

Then replug in everything like it was and proceed from there.

Or download Dahua toolbox and run the batch config tool where you can Initialize the camera and change it's IP, but most of us do what I mentioned above as we do not like our cameras touching the internet.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
The IP of the computer that you're using is 10.0.5.50.

The cam is on a different subnet at 192.168.1.108.

That's why you can't reach it with your browser (the Config Tool uses a different method across the network).

Do as I and wittaj said and you'll be able to change it without any problem.

sidpost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This camera uses a 12V bullet camera for external power, doesn't it? Ruling out a power problem seems to be the next logical step though, 120W should be plenty of power.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Huh? The cam looks to be there fine. Why would you jump to chasing a power problem now?

sidpost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Huh? The cam looks to be there fine. Why would you jump to chasing a power problem now?
Scratching my head trying to figure out what the heck is going on!

The camera is "SEEN" but, is non-responsive to everything regarding basic functionality beyond basic configuration. Since it doesn't have any lights, I can't check its power status but, I'm wondering if the POE+ plus power might be working with basic functioning but, lacks the juice to run the other components, or possibly I need both POE+ and 12V DC In.

PLUG IT IN, TURN IT ON, REBOOT IT solves a huge amount of electronic and computer problems generally so, I'm thinking about the basics like Ethernet port and cable swaps.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This camera just needs POE.

Many people have asked if you are using Internet Explorer - are you actually using Explorer?

Not Edge, not Chrome with the IE tab, but plain ole Explorer baked into Win10?

sidpost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This camera just needs POE.

Many people have asked if you are using Internet Explorer - are you actually using Explorer?

Not Edge, not Chrome with the IE tab, but plain ole Explorer baked into Win10?
1643653019964.png

sidpost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looking for Internet Explorer ... if it is even an option these days with Windows 10.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, it is baked into WIN10. Simply go to the search bar bottom left and type in Explorer - it is sitting on your computer but does not show up if you look for it by any other means.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
It doesn't even need POE+. I run one fine on a regular POE switch. The 12V adapter is an optional alternative to POE.

Once you find Explorer you'll still need to do as wittaj and I said as far as getting things on the same subnet or it's not going to work.

You don't really need to use Explorer for this cam. Seems to work fine in Chrome. But he had you try that because at times there are some browser differences and Dahau seems to default to everything working with Explorer.

sidpost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, it is baked into WIN10. Simply go to the search bar bottom left and type in Explorer - it is sitting on your computer but does not show up if you look for it by any other means.
1643653649007.png

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
In a command box on the computer that you're trying that from run "ipconfig"

What is the IPv4 address shown?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Screenshot what comes up with ipconfig - you have a bad setting somewhere.

sidpost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It doesn't even need POE+. I run one fine on a regular POE switch. The 12V adapter is an optional alternative to POE.

Once you find Explorer you'll still need to do as wittaj and I said as far as getting things on the same subnet or it's not going to work.

You don't really need to use Explorer for this cam. Seems to work fine in Chrome. But he had you try that because at times there are some browser differences and Dahau seems to default to everything working with Explorer.
Yes, the Dahua literature I read says it's good on the common mainstream browsers.

Regarding the same subnet, since everything is plugged into the same switch, how do I determine if they are on a different subnet?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, the Dahua literature I read says it's good on the common mainstream browsers.

Regarding the same subnet, since everything is plugged into the same switch, how do I determine if they are on a different subnet?
Several posts above had told you how. Be sure you are reading each post. This is most likely all user error.
Read post #23 from above by @Mike A. .

sidpost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : DESKTOP-P3P2PT4
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : FC-3F-DB-D6-72-FA
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::9d0:4fe3:dc5d:d45a%5(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.5.50(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, January 30, 2022 6:46:46 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Tuesday, February 1, 2022 10:25:51 AM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.5.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.5.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 100417499
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-28-96-46-31-FC-3F-DB-D6-72-FA
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.5.1

NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
By looking at the addresses you've assigned and/or are trying to assign to the devices.

As we explained earlier, 10.0.5.50 and 192.168.1.108 are on different subnets and (generally) are not reachable from devices across one another.

You need to get both devices on the same subnet - 192.168.1.x or 10.0.5.x. Otherwise you'll see the not reachable result in the browser.

If you're using a 10.0.5.x numbering for your network and that's where you want the cam, then you'll want to change the IP from 192.168.1.108 to a 10.0.5.x address, not another 192.168.1.x address.

sidpost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
By looking at the addresses you've assigned and/or are trying to assign to the devices.

As we explained earlier, 10.0.5.50 and 192.168.1.108 are on different subnets and (generally) are not reachable from devices across one another.

You need to get both devices on the same subnet - 192.168.1.x or 10.0.5.x. Otherwise you'll see the not reachable result in the browser.
I can't reset or change the camera IP. It only initializes to 192.168.1.108. I guess my only option at the moment is to see if I can change this on my computer to make it a 192.168.1.xxx