IPC-Color4K-T - lost live view on Cam UI

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Viewing the Cams UI - live view, decided to click on the 'install plugin' prompt. After successful install, immediately received a message from my firewall that the plugin was trying to reach the internet.
Did not want that, so uninstalled the plugin from the: program files/webrec/torch/ folder.
Now lost live view on this cam, AND my other IPC-Color4K-T cam. Which also means no view for IVS settings.

Any ideas on how to recover the live view? Tried the usual suspects: factory default cam, reloaded firmware, several different browsers (history & caches deleted), still no image.
Don't believe it is camera related, since both my cams (on Web5.0) are affected - the 2nd cam was never touched.

Appreciate your feedback, thanks!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Once you uninstalled the plug-in, that is why.

Are you getting the message to download the plugin?

Are you using Internet Explorer?

If your cameras are isolated from the internet, it won't reach the internet even if it tries.

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No message to download the plugin. Using Firefox as default, but have tried IE and Chrome with the IE extension.
Cameras are isolated from the internet.
Here's the UI image:
1683584256903.png

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You should still have the exe in your download folder. Try re-installing it.
Yes, did reinstall the plugin using: camipaddress/webplugin.exe. The plugin did install, but still no image.
Possibly Web5.0 related.

danletkeman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well if you get no image, then it shouldn't be the plugin because it works in Chrome without the plugin for me. If its not working on multiple cameras its most likely windows. Do you have another machine you can try it on? I also works on my android phone, and there is definitely no plugin on that device.

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well if you get no image, then it shouldn't be the plugin because it works in Chrome without the plugin for me. If its not working on multiple cameras its most likely windows. Do you have another machine you can try it on? I also works on my android phone, and there is definitely no plugin on that device.
It also worked w/o the plugin for me. Then installed the plugin to check it out, got the 'access internet' warning, uninstalled the plugin, now no image.
Will try on another PC or phone, but won't resolve why there used to be an image but now nada.

danletkeman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It also worked w/o the plugin for me. Then installed the plugin to check it out, got the 'access internet' warning, uninstalled the plugin, now no image.
Will try on another PC or phone, but won't resolve why there used to be an image but now nada.
No, but if it works on a different device its narrowed down to that computer.

If that is the case, I would take your least used browser and reinstall it and go from there.

danletkeman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't use the IE extension at all, just Chrome and it works fine. Same camera as you I think:

Device Model
IPC-Color4K-T-Black-2.8mm
ONVIF Version
21.12(V3.1.0.1291548)
System Version
V3.000.0000000.20.R, Build Date: 2022-09-26
Web Version
V5.01.0.1315826
Algorithm Version
V2.0.26
Security Baseline Version
V2.2

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Also try to clear your cache and cookies on your old browser and check again.
Great suggestions, but have tried Pale Moon with history, cache & cookies wiped. Still no image.

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Update - I am able to access live view from another PC, using multiple browsers.
So the problem is not browser related, but something on the Cam PC was deleted when the plugin was removed.
Reloading the plugin does not return the live view, need to figure out what is missing.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Looks like delete some system files which effect the pics. I delete plugin on IE and re-install, try on other browsers too.
Maybe the antivirus software block?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Take Windows back to a point before you changed things. Like a restore point. It might unfuck the fuckery.