IPC-Color4K-T and IPC-Color4K-T180 230227 Firmware

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
I tried to do mine, it loaded the FW. Then went to the next screen, Stand by while loading, it gets to %53
stops, cam reboots w/ old FW. Via IE 10 direct.

What am I doing wrong??

Last edited:

XDRDX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mine works, but I had to leave it in 24-hour mode.
After still having some quirky problems with the version he shared recently... I loaded the exact same firmware number but the Dahua USA version from their site and image quality is better, the schedule changes correctly, and the night video is much brighter/better!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
After still having some quirky problems with the version he shared recently... I loaded the exact same firmware number but the Dahua USA version from their site and image quality is better, the schedule changes correctly, and the night video is much brighter/better!
Wow that is odd - I wonder if you had a wonky update with his? Do you have some compare shots?

XDRDX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wow that is odd - I wonder if you had a wonky update with his? Do you have some compare shots?
I also didn’t do a factory reset before or after upgrading I left all settings the same. Photos from 12-31 may have been before I enabled a separate day and night profile but it did still have HLC at 100, 1-2 had the new night profile, 1-4 and 1-10 have the Dahua firmware. They all have HLC set to 100, brightness 60 then next 2 settings under brightness at 40 (sorry replying from my phone so not going to switch back and forth to get the name), then I also have exposure compensation set at 60.

Attachments

XDRDX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I also didn’t do a factory reset before or after upgrading I left all settings the same. Photos from 12-31 may have been before I enabled a separate day and night profile but it did still have HLC at 100, 1-2 had the new night profile, 1-4 and 1-10 have the Dahua firmware. They all have HLC set to 100, brightness 60 then next 2 settings under brightness at 40 (sorry replying from my phone so not going to switch back and forth to get the name), then I also have exposure compensation set at 60.
Well it was better for a couple days. It still looks much better than it did originally regarding color saturation and richness at night with the current settings, however apparently I am still getting tons of blue pixelation artifacts dancing around against the clouds and sky, even in the grass or areas of the night photos that have full light on them.
To me it almost looks like compression artifacts or codec corruption.

To be honest I’ve wondered if it’s got a bad processor or something. Grass areas and even pavement has digital compression artifacts that dance around once time per second across the entire scene even during the daytime also which is why I keep thinking it’s codec or compression related. Video is never smooth, even pulling directly from the memory card. All of these issues remain the same regardless of the codec I choose also, H264, h264h, or h265. I understand with several cameras it’s necessary to adjust certain settings to reduce the pixel shifting/dancing issues, which I feel I have already done to a sufficient degree. Any further adjustment seemed to make it worse or dramatically reduced image quality. The scene looks good from the 5842t-ze that’s right next to it and doesn’t have the same pixel dancing issues. The night time pixel dancing issues are also still present if I set the color4kt to B&W viewing the same seen as the 5842 at night and no IR or white light turned on. The 5842 is crisp and clear (at least the areas that i can actually see with the 5842 which isn’t much without IR turned on), while the color4kt has pixelation in several areas and is much more blurry. I may just end up having to return the color4kt and getting another 5842, then leave the hikvision 180 full color for having color info at night, and using the 5842’s for doing detection and B&W IR at night.

Last edited:

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
In a couple of your pics, it looks like it was foggy. The Defog mode works wonders. The blue pixalation
can be helped w/ 3D and 2D noise reduction.but, I set mine so I can see twinkling stars in the background.
I was impressed when it got foggy here and I experimented with it.

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
Also jerky playback and jerky scenes is caused by pushing the cam to hard ie.
to many frames, and a high bit rate at least in my limited experience.

XDRDX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Also jerky playback and jerky scenes is caused by pushing the cam to hard ie.
to many frames, and a high bit rate at least in my limited experience.
So to high of bitrate can cause problems? I have been setting all cameras to cbr maxing the bitrate and 15 fps. I was told to increase it when I was having quality issues. I think it’s at 12288 right now. It wasn’t foggy those nights that i can remember, the foggy look had been being caused by HLC being at 100 but without that any time a car drove past any light from the car would blow out any color of the car itself. Basically any bright light would completely blow out the shot.

XDRDX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In a couple of your pics, it looks like it was foggy. The Defog mode works wonders. The blue pixalation
can be helped w/ 3D and 2D noise reduction.but, I set mine so I can see twinkling stars in the background.
I was impressed when it got foggy here and I experimented with it.
Twinkling stars I would love to see. I don’t want to see the blue twinkling pixels all over the place. I tried playing with the 3d and 2d noise reduction some but don’t really know how to adjust it properly. I guess I’ll look into that more.

XDRDX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Twinkling stars I would love to see. I don’t want to see the blue twinkling pixels all over the place. I tried playing with the 3d and 2d noise reduction some but don’t really know how to adjust it properly. I guess I’ll look into that more.
I just found something insanely odd happened. I opened the live view with SmartPSS and was getting the blue pixels dancing. I then opened the web interface with the Image section where I can control brightness etc… then all of the sudden the blue pixels dancing went away. I tested flashing my car lights from the remote to make sure it was still a live stream and it is. I then navigate away from the image adjustment setting page to live preview in the web once again and it goes all pixel dancing again…

XDRDX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just found something insanely odd happened. I opened the live view with SmartPSS and was getting the blue pixels dancing. I then opened the web interface with the Image section where I can control brightness etc… then all of the sudden the blue pixels dancing went away. I tested flashing my car lights from the remote to make sure it was still a live stream and it is. I then navigate away from the image adjustment setting page to live preview in the web once again and it goes all pixel dancing again…
I also just found that if I close the browser all together while having the image adjustment tab open it leaves the picture settings in the fixed state and I don’t have any blue dancing pixels for now at least… yay!

XDRDX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I also just found that if I close the browser all together while having the image adjustment tab open it leaves the picture settings in the fixed state and I don’t have any blue dancing pixels for now at least… yay!
Well so much for them staying gone. Once I didn’t have the 4k stream active for a few seconds it went back to dancing pixels again. I reached out to Andy to see if they can get this fixed in a firmware update somehow.

Reaction score
Well it was better for a couple days. It still looks much better than it did originally regarding color saturation and richness at night with the current settings, however apparently I am still getting tons of blue pixelation artifacts dancing around against the clouds and sky, even in the grass or areas of the night photos that have full light on them.
To me it almost looks like compression artifacts or codec corruption.

To be honest I’ve wondered if it’s got a bad processor or something. Grass areas and even pavement has digital compression artifacts that dance around once time per second across the entire scene even during the daytime also which is why I keep thinking it’s codec or compression related. Video is never smooth, even pulling directly from the memory card. All of these issues remain the same regardless of the codec I choose also, H264, h264h, or h265. I understand with several cameras it’s necessary to adjust certain settings to reduce the pixel shifting/dancing issues, which I feel I have already done to a sufficient degree. Any further adjustment seemed to make it worse or dramatically reduced image quality. The scene looks good from the 5842t-ze that’s right next to it and doesn’t have the same pixel dancing issues. The night time pixel dancing issues are also still present if I set the color4kt to B&W viewing the same seen as the 5842 at night and no IR or white light turned on. The 5842 is crisp and clear (at least the areas that i can actually see with the 5842 which isn’t much without IR turned on), while the color4kt has pixelation in several areas and is much more blurry. I may just end up having to return the color4kt and getting another 5842, then leave the hikvision 180 full color for having color info at night, and using the 5842’s for doing detection and B&W IR at night.
I had the same issue as you with my Color 4k-t. Mine was a mess with pixelation and artifacts. I updated it to Andy's October firmware and did a factory default and that fixed all of my issues. In your previous post you said that you did not do a factory default. If you updated the firmware without doing the factory default that would explain why you're still having those issues. As mentioned previously on this forum, its recommended that you do 3 factory defaults in a row after a firmware update. I suggest you do the recommended factory defaults on the camera and let us know if that resolved your issues.

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
Also I've noticed (Oct FW), one may hit the APPLY radio knob, it says operation succeeded and it can be refreshed
several times, but until the REFRESH button is then pushed, the save will sometimes not take.

@XDRDX That might be the reason for the pixelation that comes back!!