IPC-Color4K-T and IPC-Color4K-T180 230227 Firmware

iikingli

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does anyone have any problems where this camera just disconnects for a few seconds and reconnects every minute or so? If so any suggestions?

Device Model
IPC-Color4K-T180
SN
9D03CEAPAGE8CDF
Audio Input
Audio Output
Alarm-in Port
Alarm-out Port
ONVIF Version
22.06(V3.1.0.1371486)
System Version
V3.120.0000000.21.R, Build Date: 2023-04-18
Web Version
V5.01.0.1421781
Algorithm Version
V3.04.10.0
Security Baseline Version
V2.3
H5Player Version
V2.01.1

KCXLT

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does anyone have any problems where this camera just disconnects for a few seconds and reconnects every minute or so? If so any suggestions?

Device Model
IPC-Color4K-T180
SN
9D03CEAPAGE8CDF
Audio Input
Audio Output
Alarm-in Port
Alarm-out Port
ONVIF Version
22.06(V3.1.0.1371486)
System Version
Web Version
V5.01.0.1421781
Algorithm Version
V3.04.10.0
V2.3
H5Player Version
V2.01.1
I just hooked one up last night and so far no drop outs or disconnects. I'm running the same Build Date. I'm running it on Synology Surveillance Station. Power is from a Unifi switch.

iikingli

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just hooked one up last night and so far no drop outs or disconnects. I'm running the same Build Date.
TY - odd its only dropping in BI, not on the cam itself. I actually spun up my DW Spectrum instance that's been powered down for ever and no drops there either.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Had this on the 4KT version. More or less cured by a new POE switch. Still seem to get it occassionally though so not conclusively the poe switch but may be a good place to start. My advice, make sure the power budget is way more than you need and poe + or ++. That way you know each camera isn't get starved of power.

Last edited:

iikingli

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Has this on the 4KT version. More or less cured by a new POE switch. Still seem to get it occassionally though so not conclusively the poe switch but may be a good place to start. My advice, make sure the power budget is way more than you need and poe + or ++. That way you know each camera isn't get starved of power.
I'll try a new switch port - Im running it on my Ubiquiti PoE+ Switch. I have 80W avail, so still plenty.

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This new UI, I can't find where to set the profile for day/night.... anyone know where it is? Mine seems to be stuck on day all the time for some reason.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This new UI, I can't find where to set the profile for day/night.... anyone know where it is? Mine seems to be stuck on day all the time for some reason.
Camera-Image- And then to the right of Time Plan Settings and click on that orange circled icon and expand the chart for set up.

Time plan.jpg

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thank-you. I had "Self-Adaptive" checked so I didn't see it. Why are the day/night settings so confusing with Dahua cameras!

SOB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Device Model
IPC-Color4K-T180
SN
9D03CEAPAGE8CDF
Audio Input
Audio Output
Alarm-in Port
Alarm-out Port
ONVIF Version
22.06(V3.1.0.1371486)
System Version
Web Version
V5.01.0.1421781
Algorithm Version
V3.04.10.0
V2.3
H5Player Version
V2.01.1
Mine gets a No Signal error every 8-10min. Recent ongoing thread here: IPC-Color4K-T180 Intermittent 'No Signal' in BI

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't know if this is of any relevence, but I realised the point some time ago, that I think the cameras have insuficient resources / processing power. I had to off load a lot of features to BI to get mine stable. I'm still of the opinion, Dahua should fit a more powerful processor. That said, mine are largely stable now.

SOB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't know if this is of any relevence, but I realised the point some time ago, that I think the cameras have insuficient resources / processing power. I had to off load a lot of features to BI to get mine stable. I'm still of the opinion, Dahua should fit a more powerful processor. That said, mine are largely stable now.
Can you please share the details or point me to the thread where I can find these details?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Can you please share the details or point me to the thread where I can find these details?
Not in particular this camera, but many of us say in general that it is best to not try to run these types of cameras at every rated spec, or even close to what they say they are capable of.

Keep in mind that these type of cameras, although are spec'd and capable of these various parameters, real world testing by many of us shows if you try to run these units at higher FPS and higher bitrates than needed that you will max out the CPU in the unit and then it bugs out just long enough that you miss something or video is choppy or pixelated or you get lost signals. My car is rated for 6,000RPM redline, but I am not gonna run it in 3rd gear on the highway at 6,000RPM...same with these types of units - gotta keep them under rated capacity. Some may do better than others, but trying to use the rated "spec" of every option available is usually not going to work well, either with a car or a camera or NVR. Just like our cars don't get the estimated MPG in every day, every season of the year.

Look at all the threads where people came here with a jitter in the video or video dropping signal or IVS missing motion or the SD card doesn't overwrite and they were running 30FPS and when people tell them to drop the FPS and they dropped the FPS to 15FPS the camera became stable and they could actual freeze frame the image to get a clean capture. The goal of these cameras are to capture a perp, not capture smooth motion. When we see the news, are they showing the video or a freeze frame screen shot? Nobody cares if it isn't butter smooth...getting the features to make an ID is the important factor. As always, YMMV...

Further, these types of cameras are not GoPro or Hollywood type cameras that offer slow-mo capabilities and other features. They "offer" 30FPS and 60FPS to appease the general public that thinks that is what they need, but you will not find many of us here running more than 15 FPS; and movies are shot at 24 FPS, so anything above that is a waste of storage space for what these cameras are used for. If 24 FPS works for the big screen, I think 15 FPS is more than enough for phones and tablets and most monitors LOL. Many of my cameras are running at 12FPS.

In fact, many times if a CPU is maxing out, if it doesn't drop signal, then it will alter something else like adhere to the FPS but then slow the shutter down to try to not max the CPU, which then produces a smooth blurry image..that is the video my neighbor gets who insists on running 60FPS. He gets smooth walking people but you can't freeze frame it cause every frame is a blur, meanwhile my 12FPS gets the clean freeze frame. Shutter speed is more important the FPS. We both run the same shutter speed by the way, but his camera CPU is maxing out and something gotta give when you push it that hard.

I'm not saying my analogy of a car redline or MPG is a perfect analogy, but rather I am pointing out a fact that stuff we buy is always marketed as more capable than it is, especially if you are using all of the features. Does your car get its stated MPG in every situation - NO...

Can a little 4 cylinder base model Ford go up an interstate incline of 4% with the air conditioning at full blast at the speed limit - NO. I remember growing up we would have to turn off the AC going up big hills LOL. We called it turbo boost LOL.

1695379939282.png

Do you really believe every marketing claim of every product you see on Amazon?

Just like a computer - it is rated for this and that, but if you are running the CPU at 100%, something is going to give. Same with these little cameras with a lot less computing power.

So a few of my cams have a system status screen, and they call it a CPU, so that is why I am calling it a CPU, but this shows this camera running at 8192 bitrate, H264, CBR, and 12 FPS is hitting the camera processor at 47% and jumps to 70% with motion. If I up the camera to 30 FPS, the usage is in the high 90% range, but then with motion, it maxes out and would get unstable.

Or if I keep it at 12 FPS and use the camera motion detection, the CPU in the camera goes to 60% idle.

This would be nice if all cams had this so we could see how our settings impact the performance of the camera. I think running these cams close to capacity is probably harder to overcome than a computer spike at 100% CPU.

At the end of the day, if the consumer wants cameras that can do 30FPS, they will not look at any cameras that do not have that rated spec, so some companies will throw that in to appease the person looking for that. Unfortunately, that is marketing. It takes someone with experience in the industry to know for sure if it is really capable of what marketing says.

And in a few scenarios maybe you can squeak 30FPS out of these cameras - maybe without using IVS or motion detection and just watching a simple feed. But maybe when two users log in, it can't handle it for example. The more features you use, the less likely it will work as one expects.

And if the complaints get bad enough, we have seen firmware updates to popular models that do just that - cut FPS or some other feature...

1641066055238.png

SOB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not in particular this camera, but many of us say in general that it is best to not try to run these types of cameras at every rated spec, or even close to what they say they are capable of.

Keep in mind that these type of cameras, although are spec'd and capable of these various parameters, real world testing by many of us shows if you try to run these units at higher FPS and higher bitrates than needed that you will max out the CPU in the unit and then it bugs out just long enough that you miss something or video is choppy or pixelated or you get lost signals. My car is rated for 6,000RPM redline, but I am not gonna run it in 3rd gear on the highway at 6,000RPM...same with these types of units - gotta keep them under rated capacity. Some may do better than others, but trying to use the rated "spec" of every option available is usually not going to work well, either with a car or a camera or NVR. Just like our cars don't get the estimated MPG in every day, every season of the year.

Look at all the threads where people came here with a jitter in the video or video dropping signal or IVS missing motion or the SD card doesn't overwrite and they were running 30FPS and when people tell them to drop the FPS and they dropped the FPS to 15FPS the camera became stable and they could actual freeze frame the image to get a clean capture. The goal of these cameras are to capture a perp, not capture smooth motion. When we see the news, are they showing the video or a freeze frame screen shot? Nobody cares if it isn't butter smooth...getting the features to make an ID is the important factor. As always, YMMV...

Further, these types of cameras are not GoPro or Hollywood type cameras that offer slow-mo capabilities and other features. They "offer" 30FPS and 60FPS to appease the general public that thinks that is what they need, but you will not find many of us here running more than 15 FPS; and movies are shot at 24 FPS, so anything above that is a waste of storage space for what these cameras are used for. If 24 FPS works for the big screen, I think 15 FPS is more than enough for phones and tablets and most monitors LOL. Many of my cameras are running at 12FPS.

In fact, many times if a CPU is maxing out, if it doesn't drop signal, then it will alter something else like adhere to the FPS but then slow the shutter down to try to not max the CPU, which then produces a smooth blurry image..that is the video my neighbor gets who insists on running 60FPS. He gets smooth walking people but you can't freeze frame it cause every frame is a blur, meanwhile my 12FPS gets the clean freeze frame. Shutter speed is more important the FPS. We both run the same shutter speed by the way, but his camera CPU is maxing out and something gotta give when you push it that hard.

I'm not saying my analogy of a car redline or MPG is a perfect analogy, but rather I am pointing out a fact that stuff we buy is always marketed as more capable than it is, especially if you are using all of the features. Does your car get its stated MPG in every situation - NO...

Can a little 4 cylinder base model Ford go up an interstate incline of 4% with the air conditioning at full blast at the speed limit - NO. I remember growing up we would have to turn off the AC going up big hills LOL. We called it turbo boost LOL.

View attachment 172884

Do you really believe every marketing claim of every product you see on Amazon?

Just like a computer - it is rated for this and that, but if you are running the CPU at 100%, something is going to give. Same with these little cameras with a lot less computing power.

So a few of my cams have a system status screen, and they call it a CPU, so that is why I am calling it a CPU, but this shows this camera running at 8192 bitrate, H264, CBR, and 12 FPS is hitting the camera processor at 47% and jumps to 70% with motion. If I up the camera to 30 FPS, the usage is in the high 90% range, but then with motion, it maxes out and would get unstable.

Or if I keep it at 12 FPS and use the camera motion detection, the CPU in the camera goes to 60% idle.

This would be nice if all cams had this so we could see how our settings impact the performance of the camera. I think running these cams close to capacity is probably harder to overcome than a computer spike at 100% CPU.

At the end of the day, if the consumer wants cameras that can do 30FPS, they will not look at any cameras that do not have that rated spec, so some companies will throw that in to appease the person looking for that. Unfortunately, that is marketing. It takes someone with experience in the industry to know for sure if it is really capable of what marketing says.

And in a few scenarios maybe you can squeak 30FPS out of these cameras - maybe without using IVS or motion detection and just watching a simple feed. But maybe when two users log in, it can't handle it for example. The more features you use, the less likely it will work as one expects.

And if the complaints get bad enough, we have seen firmware updates to popular models that do just that - cut FPS or some other feature...

1641066055238.png
What I meant was, in addition to the stated best practices in the cliff notes and various threads related to camera setup, what features specific to this camera did he off load to BI to get his camera stable. I have another thread going (linked a few posts above) related to NO SIGNAL errors that you've been helping me out with some issues. I'm not pushing the limits of this camera by any means and trying to get all the info that I can in hopes of stumbling on a solution.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What I meant was, in addition to the stated best practices in the cliff notes and various threads related to camera setup, what features specific to this camera did he off load to BI to get his camera stable. I have another thread going (linked a few posts above) related to NO SIGNAL errors that you've been helping me out with some issues. I'm not pushing the limits of this camera by any means and trying to get all the info that I can in hopes of stumbling on a solution.
Yeah I was helping him about his issues as well (the 4K/T I believe), and I think it just kinda resolved itself.

Many of us still think it is an issue with a particular version of BI and the new camera GUI, but if you want to know for sure, then drop everything down on the camera - H264 at 5 FPS and 1024 bitrate, etc. and see if the problem goes away. If it doesn't that answers it.

lenz_freaker

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure if related to what the BI guys are saying but im getting issues with 4k/t dropping off as well. Running this fw: V3.120.0000000.21.R, Build Date: 2023-04-18

Im using synology though. But cam is (to the best i can tell at the moment) rebooting. Pings stop, cam goes offline for a couple mins then reconnects. Not very familiar with dahua logs but it looks like a boot cycle is happening. I do notice an "abort" log entry but it doesnt say much other than that :)

Running on a very under-utilized usw-24-poe switch. 5 cams total, one ap. No other cams have this issue. Just starting to get this system setup/configured so only a few cams so far, rest are 5442's of some flavor.

Just began troubleshooting it so not much info yet. Just noticed it happening.

I just dropped the fps down to 15 from 20 to see if maybe its overloaded or something. Apparently when i added to synology it enabled all the features so i have been turning off stuff not needed...ie face detection, etc. Possibly something to do with it.

Reaction score
Not sure if related to what the BI guys are saying but im getting issues with 4k/t dropping off as well. Running this fw: V3.120.0000000.21.R, Build Date: 2023-04-18

Im using synology though. But cam is (to the best i can tell at the moment) rebooting. Pings stop, cam goes offline for a couple mins then reconnects. Not very familiar with dahua logs but it looks like a boot cycle is happening. I do notice an "abort" log entry but it doesnt say much other than that :)

Running on a very under-utilized usw-24-poe switch. 5 cams total, one ap. No other cams have this issue. Just starting to get this system setup/configured so only a few cams so far, rest are 5442's of some flavor.

Just began troubleshooting it so not much info yet. Just noticed it happening.

I just dropped the fps down to 15 from 20 to see if maybe its overloaded or something. Apparently when i added to synology it enabled all the features so i have been turning off stuff not needed...ie face detection, etc. Possibly something to do with it.
Make sure you have "auto restart" disabled. Go to System-->Manager-->Maintenance and confirm "Auto Restart" is turned off.

If that's not the issue, I would turn off that feature in Synology if possible. Then I would factory default the 4K-T and added it back.

The issue we've been having with BI is the 4K-T180 would drop out of BI multiple times a day. We've tested it and it appears to be an issue with BI itself as other members have been able to ping the camera while BI is showing a signal loss. I've also ran my T180 simultaneously in DW IPVMS and BI. BI would show a signal loss but the camera would continue to function normally in DW IPVMS. It sounds like you have a different issue.

lenz_freaker

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Make sure you have "auto restart" disabled. Go to System-->Manager-->Maintenance and confirm "Auto Restart" is turned off.

If that's not the issue, I would turn off that feature in Synology if possible. Then I would factory default the 4K-T and added it back.

The issue we've been having with BI is the 4K-T180 would drop out of BI multiple times a day. We've tested it and it appears to be an issue with BI itself as other members have been able to ping the camera while BI is showing a signal loss. I've also ran my T180 simultaneously in DW IPVMS and BI. BI would show a signal loss but the camera would continue to function normally in DW IPVMS. It sounds like you have a different issue.
Just checked the auto restarts on both and they were both disabled. I defaulted when i flashed it after i first noticed it happening. I can do it again next time i notice it.

Its been about 16hr now since it did it last which in checking the logs it seems to be longest its gone. Hopefully removing some of the overhead helped. It is also a lot cooler this morning so maybe that has something to do with it as well.