IP Cam Talk Custom Community DeepStack Model

jleemhuis

n3wb
Reaction score
I am getting double boxes around all my objects. Is this due to having custom and default running?

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks. I guess I will be better off running the General V2 once it is updated since it includes dark models as well.
Yes, but I get the impression that even the new proposed General model V2 might be back to a fairly large database (tough for those of us running DS on a CPU only system).
Any confirmation on that @MikeLud1?

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, but I get the impression that even the new proposed General model V2 might be back to a fairly large database (tough for those of us running DS on a CPU only system).
Any confirmation on that @MikeLud1?
The amount of images will not impact the model speed only will take longer to train.

Nunofya

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So, do I delete the original dark.pt in "my models" folder before adding Mike's new model?

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't think I saw "armadillo" on the critter list. Surprised no one mentioned it. Does the combined model have images for dark situations as the racoons, armadillos and possums as they seem to be fairly nocturnal?

Last edited:

Nunofya

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
One note for the new dark model I did change some of the labels

Labels:
Bicycle, Bus, Car, Cat, Dog, Motorcycle, & Person
All capitals now? Do we still make sure there are no spaces between labels?

Nunofya

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The original dark has the first character in the label capitalized so I kept the same format. When using the label only have a comma separating each label, no spaces.

Bicycle,Bus,Car,Cat,Dog,Motorcycle,Person
I also use your general model. Looking back at your first post, where you can download it, all your labels are lower case. I take it, keep them lower case. Should I be using something in the "To cancel" to make sure DS doesn't cancel too early? Is it different for general and dark?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The "To Cancel" object is fine for the built-in model which is loaded with too many things we're usually not interested in. The combined model has limited object so using "TO Cancel" is not necessary.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Not as well as I had hoped, but it is working. Detections seem about 10% lower confidence than the "original" dark. Keep in mind I have a difficult situation and even the original doesn't work at 100%. Combined, during the day, never misses though.