Intrusion detection not supported.

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have 2 NVR up and running and I keep getting intrusion detection and line crossing not supported on one, while the other NVR with the same type 4mp cams attached has no problems.

The only difference I can see between the 2 NVRs is that one has a drop down menu for region and the number 1 is listed right inside the intrusion detection menu, while the other NVR with the issue does not have the 1 for region in that drop down menu. The cameras connected to the effected NVR have intrusion detection and can draw, also have 1 for region. Im suspecting the missing 1 for region in the NVR is the cause.

Any idea whats taking place here and why 1 is missing in one NVR and how to bring it back if it is the cause of my issue. FW is 3.3.4

Last edited by a moderator:

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you don't get any answers or solution, you could do a factory reset on the NVR and see if it pops up. I wouldn't imagine it would, but you never know.

Reactions: NVR

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I wanted to try the same but was worried as I once did this on an older firmware and the "No Link" message you get when a cam is disconnected, changed to Chinese. So will leave this as a last resort.

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, turns out you will lose this feature if you chose ONVIF when adding the cameras. Deleted the cams and added again using the Hikvision protocol and all is well.