Internet Explorer

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wittaj - I do have a 49225 with the autotracking firmware 0312 version. I have found if I create a shortcut of Iexplorer and then run it with Start InPrivate Browsing it works perfectly fine and saves all my changes properly. This is in Windows 10 Home. I have several older Windows 7 machines, and have more problems using IE 11 on these, than I do with the Win10 version of IE.
But you are still using Internet Explorer....my comment was to Reimo that said Edge Browser with IE mode works for every camera....which is does not for the 49225.

Reaction score
But you are still using Internet Explorer....my comment was to Reimo that said Edge Browser with IE mode works for every camera....which is does not for the 49225.
You are correct. It was copied from a Win7 machine. Even after doing this, I had issues with it if I did not run it using the right-click and Start InPrivate Browsing option.

amdpowered

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just tried Edge with IE mode, and it keeps my track time for the 49225, at least on the webpage. I don't know if it actually does it in function as I literally just got it mounted.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, both Edge in IE mode and 32-bit Pale Moon did NOT work for my SD49225XA-HNR PTZ with regard to showing the full functionality like IE does. So far, Chrome with the IE Tab extension seems to work like IE does. We'll see if any weirdness shows up as I use it more.

astroshare

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
V2.840.15OG008.0.R, Build Date: 2022-02-18
I can login with Chrome, but the advanced features don't show on the playback and live view, like they do on IE.

astroshare

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Install the IE tab extension from the chrome store, it works fine.
I've tried that, but it gives me that "overtime login" error message above, and doesn't let me log in.
Edit: I actually found an old thread here and the fix is to use the IP instead of the hostname of the camera. Works great now!

Last edited:

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just an update here.

In the beginning....
I tried using IE mode in Edge browser, and it worked for the very 1st attempt, to view my R2 Foscam camera,
but strangely, it will fail to load the live view page on the 2nd attempt.
So I cannot access the WEB GUI of the camera ever since.

Same result, using with Chrome browser with the IE tab installed. I cannot access it. It just shows: "Loading" and then the
loading message disappears. However, my Chrome browser with the IE tab enabled can access my older Foscam
cameras model: FI9831W & FI9826P.

I went to the Foscam website and downloaded the latest windows plugin software.

Now, I can use the Chrome browser with IE tab ext. installed, and I can view all my Foscam cameras' WEB GUI on the
following models: R2, FI9831W & FI9826P.

So the key here is don't install the camera's old plugin. Always use the latest one.

Last edited:
Reaction score
odd...never seen this posting before. I shall give IE tab for Chrome as shot as well. I still have IE itself but always good to have future alternative.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
odd...never seen this posting before. I shall give IE tab for Chrome as shot as well. I still have IE itself but always good to have future alternative.
You will still need IE for your PTZ though.