Intermittant 'No Signal'

Camel84

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

I have had Blue Iris for a few year now and have had very little issues with it. Until now...

I currently have a Wanscam HW0033 connected. Every hour or so for between 5-10 minutes blueiris looses connection with the cam and either brings up a plain 'No Signal' screen or the error 8000274d (refused; check IP address and port).

My initial thought was the camera was dropping out but I have tried logging directly onto the camera which is working fine every time.

Any assistance on where to look would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

ServiceXp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Computer Resources? I noticed this exact behavior when I was pushing the limits of my first dual-core ATOM test. Once I backed the camera's way back the problem went away.

Camel84

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't think it is a resource issue as it is running on an i5 with 8gb of memory. It appears to do it at anytime if I'm using the computer for something else or just with blueiris running.

Is there anyway I can find out if this is the issue?

Last edited by a moderator:

thestubbornrock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mine is having a similar issue that also started today. Blue Iris states 'no signal' itermittantly. But mine is doing it every few minutes for about 3-5 seconds each time.

I haven't made any recent changes to my system. I'm only running two Hikvision DS-2CD2032's and only running them at 720p. CPU usage is at only 27% and RAM is at only 30% utilization.

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mine is having a similar issue that also started today. Blue Iris states 'no signal' itermittantly. But mine is doing it every few minutes for about 3-5 seconds each time.

I haven't made any recent changes to my system. I'm only running two Hikvision DS-2CD2032's and only running them at 720p. CPU usage is at only 27% and RAM is at only 30% utilization.
I updated last night and haven't noticed it dropping out anymore. (7 2032's)

thestubbornrock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mine misteriously corrected itself after a few days, but now one of my cameras is in chinese. . .

scott5134

n3wb
Reaction score
I am having the same issue with 4 cameras, 2 different manufactures, when they drop, verify the cameras are fine with their respective software's and via http, it is defiantly something with blue iris
. They drop out for anywhere between a few minutes and half a day, sometimes resetting the connection will fix it

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am having the same issue with 4 cameras, 2 different manufactures, when they drop, verify the cameras are fine with their respective software's and via http, it is defiantly something with blue iris
. They drop out for anywhere between a few minutes and half a day, sometimes resetting the connection will fix it
Welcome to the forum. First, email support and see what he says..You can try increasing the receive buffer and see if it helps.
Are you running the latest firmware on the cameras?
This problem often occurs on low end cameras like foscam/wanscam and their clones, a have not seen a good solution. What cameras are you using?

scott5134

n3wb
Reaction score
As I mentioned works fine with 2 other utilities, in fact I can have them both up and running while blue iris shows camera down, cannot see buffers causing this but upped one from 3 t 12mb and will see

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
As I mentioned works fine with 2 other utilities, in fact I can have them both up and running while blue iris shows camera down, cannot see buffers causing this but upped one from 3 t 12mb and will see
Have you emailed support?
Have you selected the proper camera from the dropdown? Sometimes using the incorrect or less efficient stream can cause these issues..What cameras are you using?
If the other software you are using tells you the stream/url, you can manually enter it in BI and see if that helps..

scott5134

n3wb
Reaction score
There seems to be an issue with BI, when first starting the program different cameras will disconnect/reconnect intermittently for about 8 hours then work fine. Not always the same cameras either. Also will happen if you change cam settings or disable then enable it. The entire time other utilities show the cameras working fine. One it has ben running for a while there s no roblems

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
There seems to be an issue with BI, when first starting the program different cameras will disconnect/reconnect intermittently for about 8 hours then work fine. Not always the same cameras either. Also will happen if you change cam settings or disable then enable it. The entire time other utilities show the cameras working fine. One it has ben running for a while there s no roblems
Email support...he cant fix something that is not reported..