Integrating Amcrest Camera with Wifi Bridge

TunnleMan

n3wb
Reaction score
I am using an Amcrest 5MP Turret POE Camera. When the camera is plugged into the router via ethernet, I have been able to stream video connected to the IP. I want to use Wi-Fi bridges to extend the range between the camera and the router. The Wi-Fi bridges I am using have worked great streaming video via a Raspberry Pi, so I know they work.

For some reason, the Acmrest camera is not able to stream when I plug it into the Wi-Fi Bridges. Does anyone have any idea what is going wrong?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is the IP of the Amcrest cam static and in the same subnet as the PC you're attempting to stream to?

Can I ask why you chose that bridge over a Ubiquiti or TP-Link product? Los of info on both those wireless bridge setups here on IPCT. :idk:

Last edited:

TunnleMan

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. Yes, the IP is static, and the subnet is the same.

These bridges were a bit better priced at the time of purchase. They have also worked great in the past when streaming with a Raspberry Pi, so I don't think they are the issue. If we plug in a Raspberry Pi I to the far end of the bridge, I can see the Pi as a client on the network. However, if I plug the camera into the bridge, it does not show up as a client. The camera has to be hardwired into the router to see it as a client.

Oldtechguy66

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Interesting... I have TPL & UBNT links, have multiple cameras and IoT devs on them w/o issues, but never used your air bridge device before. I notice some complaints on them in the reviews, various reasons. Connectivity issues was one of those. Reviews may or may not mean anything, but sometimes there is a common thread. I've not had this problem before, so it's a head scratcher.

You say the camera doesn't show up as client... but does the camera IP show up on LAN scan (run on a device on the same subnet)? Is your bridge allowing ports other than 80 to pass? The camera will need 80, 443, 554, 37777 (Dahua, unless Amcrest differs) and possible others. If the bridge link is blocking these, it's not going to connect. Being a "bridge", it shouldn't do anything but pass traffic... but stranger things have happened in the land of far off firmware... Just a WAG, my 2 cents

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting... I have TPL & UBNT links, have multiple cameras and IoT devs on them w/o issues, but never used your air bridge device before.
Same here.
The camera will need 80, 443, 554, 37777 (Dahua, unless Amcrest differs) and possible others. I
The Amcrest (Dahua OEM'd) uses 37777 as well, generally for mobile (remote) streaming.