Installing turret on PFA 130-E

S0619212

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Before posting I did search on this website but couldn't find exactly what i was looking for. Sounds like a very basic question but I didn't have any luck. Are there good instructions how to mount turret on a junction box. I have installed the junction box and I have Cat 6e cable through the side hole in the junction box, I spent good hour trying to figure out a good way to install the turret. If someone has step by steps please let me know.

Once again I am sorry if this info is already out there, I searched but i couldnt find it.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Before posting I did search on this website but couldn't find exactly what i was looking for. Sounds like a very basic question but I didn't have any luck. Are there good instructions how to mount turret on a junction box. I have installed the junction box and I have Cat 6e cable through the side hole in the junction box, I spent good hour trying to figure out a good way to install the turret. If someone has step by steps please let me know.

Once again I am sorry if this info is already out there, I searched but i couldnt find it.
Hi @S0619212

You can also search for junction boxes PFA121 / PFA122 which are square junction boxes but similar with the rubber stopper.

All the connectors will be in the box, so you need to put the rubber stopper ( with a slit ) on the pigtail cable from the camera.

Numerous members reporting these type of junction boxes take a bit of playing with due to the restrictions the lid and stopper makes, but once you've done the job they should be more water resistant.

Remember, di-electric gel in the RJ45 boot.. just a little bit enough to keep the water out once you've got the cables connected.

S0619212

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi @S0619212

You can also search for junction boxes PFA121 / PFA122 which are square junction boxes but similar with the rubber stopper.

All the connectors will be in the box, so you need to put the rubber stopper ( with a slit ) on the pigtail cable from the camera.

Numerous members reporting these type of junction boxes take a bit of playing with due to the restrictions the lid and stopper makes, but once you've done the job they should be more water resistant.

Remember, di-electric gel in the RJ45 boot.. just a little bit enough to keep the water out once you've got the cables connected.
Ok thanks.
Sounds like I will have to play with a little bit to make it work.

I am installing under soffit, about 2 feet of Cat 6 is exposed, do I still need to worry about water? From what i see looks like all the cables will just go inside the junction box.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, worry about water anywhere outside. Remember condensation can also occur and the cost of a tube of dielectric grease can save a lot of time, effort and frustration when a connection goes south due to corrosion that is so easily prevented.

S0619212

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, worry about water anywhere outside. Remember condensation can also occur and the cost of a tube of dielectric grease can save a lot of time, effort and frustration when a connection goes south due to corrosion that is so easily prevented.
Thanks
Got it. I will grab Permatex and dab a little bit on the RJ45 connector.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
What exactly is causing the difficulty? Lining up the camera base holes to the mount? What turret are you installing? I did two recently and it was fiddly for sure. Once you do one you get it and the others become easier. It's worth fitting it all before you start installing and it's worth making alignment marks once you have the screws lined up.

B224695D-AE66-4FF7-ACEA-7F0B4BDBF6CA.jpeg

S0619212

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks everyone.

I was finally able to mount this camera, connect to the switch and i can see it through BI ( wohoo!!!). I purchased full version of BI, next step is to make some perf enhancements.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score

follow this thread, there has details about how to install it with turret camera.