Installation and test equipment

sygad1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
my car starter is no bigger than a standard portable battery pack for consumer electronics, it weights 390g and is 145mm x 76mm x 27mm, small enough to fit into a pocket

FrankOceanXray

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ah, I have a jump box that is heavy duty for tow truck driver service. The small packs may be able to lay down some amps to turn over a car but check its specs to make sure it can run the ~12V for a decent time.. certain battery design is geared towards quick discharge vs steady consumption. Maybe better would be a simple UPS battery... online for cheap.. I use them for my kid's powerwheels, commonly used for wheelchairs, too.

sygad1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just checked the compatibility of the USB OTG Ethernet adapter, it seems my Nexus 7 is supported and quite probably my Nexus 6 as well.

Seems like an interesting idea for using browsersync over ethernet for my web development (day job)

And..........i've just ordered it ;-)

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
it'll work on any droid, I use em my Nexus Player to get it off the stupid Wifi.. drivers built into standard kernel.

bguy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't see what the issue really is. I would test and configure all of the cameras before ever touching a ladder. If you want to try a location before running a permanent line, just run a long cable out a door or window. I prefer not carrying crap up a ladder I don't need.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't see what the issue really is.
aiming/framing the camera, and if its got manual focus/zoom its even more critical.. not setting up the camera, agreed that should all be done on the bench.

FrankOceanXray

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
First thing I do when I get nearly anything, bench top test. Learning to check my fast food orders, too, before I ever leave the line.