Install Feedback - Which angle do you prefer?

dagwag77

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for some opinions on which angle you think is better (or if I should do both). The door to the left is to the garbage bins, and you'll notice the brick path to the front door on the left as well. I'd like to be able to see license plates on the vehicles that pull into the driveway, and I think option B is better for this.

A. Vivotek 2MP MD8562 1920x1080 30FPS 2.8mm

B. Hikvision 3MP DS-2CD2132F-IS 2048x1536 20FPS 2.8mm
I was just holding the camera up to get an idea of field of view, but I would maybe shift the view a few degrees to the left to get less brick wall and more of the garbage door.

Which do you think is a better angle? Or is keeping the existing (option A) and adding the option B camera my best option?

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

ServiceXp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think the lower you can mount the camera, the easier it will be to capture face images.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Like @ServiceXp said, usually the lower the camera, the easier it is to make out faces. For angle B, if it were me, I would point it down a little bit. I always try to get more of my property over the neighbors property as well.

Last edited:

dagwag77

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the feedback!

Give both a whirl and see what you get.
I think I will, since the higher angle is already installed. The lower angle shouldn't be that bad - I already ran the cat6 to inside the garage just need to punch it through.

Like @ServiceXp said, usually the lower the camera, the easier it is to make out faces. For angle B, if it were me, I would point it down a little bit. I always try to get more of my property over the neighbors property as well.
Thats what I've read on here and prompted me to experiment. I don't want to go overkill, but it seems like it may be worth the install just to see if its better. I just don't feel like getting up on the ladder to remove the higher angle so I may leave both to the extent it doesn't utilize too much blue iris CPU. I will point it a bit lower and left to cover the door to the garbage bins when I install the cam, thanks for the suggestion. I was holding my cell with one hand and the cam up with the other just to get an idea of what the point of view would be :)

Thanks again everyone. I ordered a Hik DS-2CD2532-IS for this, which I think will be a bit more discrete - should be here Tues