Initialize HDD outside NVR.

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a NTFS HDD thats being recognized by the NVR but cant initialize through the browser, dont have HDMI access on this machine. Is there a way/tool to initialize the drive outside the NVR? Or format outside it to a format that deems it plug and play with the NVR.

Thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If you are able to attach the HDD to a Windows PC - you can delete the partition(s) - or Volumes in Microsoft terminology - using the Manage Computer | Disc Management tool. Right click each volume and select 'Delete Volume'.
Be sure you have selected the correct disc ...
The disc will then appear as a new disc to the NVR.

Reactions: NVR

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you alas, I must have spent 2 hours on this today. I deleted the volume and no go, then for the heck of it, I used a program that formats drives that are over 32gb in fat32, then deleted the volume again, and it worked, the NVR was finally able to read the disk with the correct free space. I clicked format in the NVR and it was back to square one, beeping alarm for HDD error and got status "not exist". I tried renewing the MBR, and no go.

After it comes out the NVR its in a none initialized state in windows and this option is greyed out when right clicking in disc management.

Tried the clean command in cmd, diskpart, and once again it worked in the NVR but after a minute the beeping sound is back.

My next step tomorrow is to try to use the checkdisk command and repair.

Is there a way to turn off the disk error alarm n the NVR with 3.3.4. Couldnt find it.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It sounds like you have an incompatible disc.
What's the model / brands, how old is it?
Here is the alarm setting for various exceptions:

NVR_47.jpg

Reactions: NVR

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I must have missed those tabs as I was in basic events. The Disk is a 1TB Seagate Barracuda model 9SL154. Was supposed to be used until the 3tb WD purple arrive. But will just wait for it.

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score