Initial review of the Hikvision DS-2CD2087G2-L(U) ColorVu 4K 8MP IP bullet camera.

Reaction score
edit Assuming here that you are accessing the camera web GUI, as opposed to the NVR web GUI.
If it's the NVR - it's not powerful enough to handle the 4k stream either.

It's complaining about the inadequate PC performance.
What processor is in the PC?
The browser-free 'websocket' capability to render video in any browser is very heavy on the CPU.

You will find that the old IE11 with webcomponents plugin is much more efficient at rendering video, and should work OK on a limited power PC at 4k.

You'd be wasting the camera not using the camera's 8MP resolution.
Could you please help me, give me a bit more detail how to set this up with the computer. Do I still use the nvr.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Not being nosy but can you get us a clip say after 9pm with someone walking around ?

I assume this camera allows either with or without the onboard white lights to be on?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Cool, looking for video of people moving with no light on the camera.

BrianBotts

n3wb
Reaction score
Please, will someone else from the forum who has this camera please also do a cross-check. To confirm:
  • CBR can be set but is always VBR
  • I-Frame can be set but the result is always 100
  • unlike Alastair, my FPS setting works correctly
  • my firmware is V5.5.160 build 201013
I've been trying to see if anyone has addressed these, but on G3 platform cameras my testing would show:
  1. True - It's always VBR in H264 or H265 on all of my G3 cameras.
  2. DS-2CD2x87G2 yes. DS-2CD2x47G2 no. I can set the I frame rate and it makes a difference on DS-2CD2x47G2 but my DS-2CD2x87G2s are stuck at at an i-frame interval of 100 despite what the GUI says.
  3. My FPS settings work on both the 2x47G2 and 2x87G2 cameras.
  4. I am running the same firmware (5.5.160) since there isn't a 5.5.800 build with white light linkage.
If anyone has solved #2 I'd love to know how.