In search of outdoor camera for private club with the following requirements. Please help!

tinyone8

n3wb
Reaction score
I am asking for some help finding a very specific outdoor camera for our private club. privacy is a must, in regards to not being able to record audio of the members. Here it goes; a WiFi, battery powered, NO AUDIO, video camera that has access through an app. Doesn't need recording. For privacy, it cannot have audio (turning it off in the app isn't good enough). I have searched the WWW, forums, under the couch, but can't seem to find this item. any help would be appreciated.

tinyone8

n3wb
Reaction score
Just buy one that specifies it has no microphone, Wi-Fi and Battery are both terrible ideas, so I wouldn't recommend a camera with either of those.
This camera needs to be battery powered. It will only be used for less than 30 seconds at a time to view use of a court via a phone app. Similar to a Blink camera, but without the ability of 2-way audio. Just finding a camera without audio isn't the only requirement. that is why this is a hard search. There is no power where this camera will be mounted, and there is no option to add power. So again. APP, WIFI, NO AUDIO, Lithium Battery powered, PHONE App access. Not an easy find.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
what is going to turn it on and off for the 30 Seconds ?

There is nothing that I know of that will meet your requirements.

tinyone8

n3wb
Reaction score
It would work like a Blink, Wyze, Kuna, etc... via an app. Just can't have audio like those options.

k110

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't know if it's an option but can't you just disassemble one of those camera's and just physically disconnect the micro internally?

tinyone8

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't know if it's an option but can't you just disassemble one of those camera's and just physically disconnect the micro internally?
I like the way you think. I just may try that. You are appreciated for out of the box thinking.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Your title indicates for a private club. Later you state it’s for court?!? What exactly is the use case why the need for no audio??

I’m having a real hard time understanding 30 seconds of random use. You can’t run a single Ethernet cable to this location for POE?!?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds to me like racquetball or squash courts or maybe tennis - like is someone playing in the court or not?

tinyone8

n3wb
Reaction score
Your title indicates for a private club. Later you state it’s for court?!? What exactly is the use case why the need for no audio??

I’m having a real hard time understanding 30 seconds of random use. You can’t run a single Ethernet cable to this location for POE?!?
Hi Tekan. We are a private club that has Platform Tennis courts. This is an outdoor sport played mostly in the winter. With the uptick in usage of the courts due to the pandemic, our president wants to be able to monitor use during the day to make sure people aren't booking courts via our online reservation system and not showing up. He just wants to be able to open an app/mobile friendly url to see if the courts are being used and then log out. We don't have staff on site all day long, and he has no interest in spending all day there to monitor platform tennis court usage. The audio part if a requirement for privacy. He doesn't want the members to think he is listening in on them. So no power is available, and no way to get a network cable out there for POE. Must be WIFI, Battery powered, No audio, accessible via mobile device.

k110

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You could install Eufycam, battery powered, phone app, wifi, has audio but you can find tear-downs of the device online, the micro is just a plug that you can disconnect inside.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi Tekan. We are a private club that has Platform Tennis courts. This is an outdoor sport played mostly in the winter. With the uptick in usage of the courts due to the pandemic, our president wants to be able to monitor use during the day to make sure people aren't booking courts via our online reservation system and not showing up. He just wants to be able to open an app/mobile friendly url to see if the courts are being used and then log out. We don't have staff on site all day long, and he has no interest in spending all day there to monitor platform tennis court usage. The audio part if a requirement for privacy. He doesn't want the members to think he is listening in on them. So no power is available, and no way to get a network cable out there for POE. Must be WIFI, Battery powered, No audio, accessible via mobile device.
Appreciate the insight and believe that Wyze hack will meet your needs. I would suggest you purchase the solar panel to avoid having to go up and down a ladder every second day!

tinyone8

n3wb
Reaction score
Appreciate the insight and believe that Wyze hack will meet your needs. I would suggest you purchase the solar panel to avoid having to go up and down a ladder every second day!
Thanks! I have lithium batteries in my Blink, and I haven't changed them in a year.

Ckb3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The moment a member see that camera they are going to think you are listening to them. Microphone removed or not. Is there not an option for something than can be zoomed in on the court from a nearby building?