Image missing from push notification

Kev79

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm stumped as well. I'm on the iOS platform so, not seeing that "sleeping" issue you are seeing on Android. Have you gone into the Android settings and turned off sleep for the Blue Iris? I think it's in the battery optimization settings section.
Oh yes. I learned more than I wanted to about android sleep settings. Didn't make a difference. Question. When you log into BI from your phone. In the BI logs do you see your user log in then log out after 1 to 3 min in the PC logs? If so It might be normal and I need to focus elsewhere. Also I use lan ip on lan wan ip on wan on bloth PC and Android settings . Is this the right way? Should be.

dchaos

n3wb
Reaction score
So, here's something I noticed. My notifications have been working more steadily now. But I noticed on my Asus router that it was catching a push service and blocking it as malware. Not sure if connected. If I remember to at some point I'll post the website it's been blocking.

Kev79

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So, here's something I noticed. My notifications have been working more steadily now. But I noticed on my Asus router that it was catching a push service and blocking it as malware. Not sure if connected. If I remember to at some point I'll post the website it's been blocking.
Please do. Ill try anything at this point.

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
Please do. Ill try anything at this point.
Googling around a bit for more info. Can you see any connections outbound on ports 5228, 5229, and 5230? Any of them getting blocked?

Kev79

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Googling around a bit for more info. Can you see any connections outbound on ports 5228, 5229, and 5230? Any of them getting blocked?
No but I do see a whole bunch of others blocked with red X's. I thought it only needed one or 2 ports to be forwarded?

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
No but I do see a whole bunch of others blocked with red X's. I thought it only needed one or 2 ports to be forwarded?
Those 3 are what I am finding in my research for the Android platform. What ports are you configured to allow and what are you seeing being blocked by the firewall?

Kev79

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Those 3 are what I am finding in my research for the Android platform. What ports are you configured to allow and what are you seeing being blocked by the firewall?
I am using port 81 and 443 https and I've tried others. I couldn't possibly list all the blocked items, too many. I have Pfsense and when it comes to the firewall part I'm not an expert. I can and do know how to forward the ports.

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
I am using port 81 and 443 https and I've tried others. I couldn't possibly list all the blocked items, too many. I have Pfsense and when it comes to the firewall part I'm not an expert. I can and do know how to forward the ports.
Can you filter that block list based on those 3 ports?

Kev79

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Don't know. So many settings in this thing. Need a Pfsense Guru. I can't be the only one running PFsense with BI. I haven't heard of any special things to set to get it to work of this forum.

Kev79

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't want to speak to soon but I might be on to something. I turned off my IPv6 in my Ethernet properties. I kept seeing reference to it in my Firewall logs. I am getting much more consistent images sent to me now. I have got to this point before and then it goes to crap again, so I am not getting my hopes up.

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't want to speak to soon but I might be on to something. I turned off my IPv6 in my Ethernet properties. I kept seeing reference to it in my Firewall logs. I am getting much more consistent images sent to me now. I have got to this point before and then it goes to crap again, so I am not getting my hopes up.
Do you see any successful connections on those 3 ports?

Kev79

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I spoke to soon. I knew it was too good to be true. Still Not consistent. The odd part is it keeps changing consistency so it makes it hard to know if I actually made progress. What a PIA.

Kev79

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had everything working great on my Android tablet and Android cell on wifi. Then tested with only mobile data on my cell. Worked for like 6 hours last night then went to bed. 95+ percent of images sent. I left the house and went to work and brought both with me and now it is back to its same BS. Works then it doesn't. Even with the cell on mobile data only with wifi off which was working great hours earlier. I give up!! This seems to be the worst way to implement these image push notifications to an app I ever seen. Been screwing with this for over 3 weeks now with no consistency whatsoever. I have contacted support with no working resolutions. What is the alternative? Can I set something else up to send me push image notifications? I don't like SMS or Email. To slow to get them.

Last edited:

bean19811

n3wb
Reaction score
I just wanted to reaffirm that there should really be no reason to jump through all of these hoops... I have changed absolutely nothing on my network. Previous version 5.2.6.5: the push notifications all work perfectly... versions after that: the push images became erratic. Reinstall the old version: all works again... Logic would dictate something changed in BI. I have been waiting for well over two months to hear anything back from support.

Kev79

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just wanted to reaffirm that there should really be no reason to jump through all of these hoops... I have changed absolutely nothing on my network. Previous version 5.2.6.5: the push notifications all work perfectly... versions after that: the push images became erratic. Reinstall the old version: all works again... Logic would dictate something changed in BI. I have been waiting for well over two months to hear anything back from support.
Hmm I am new to the Bi just in the last month. I am on 5.3.2.11. I will roll back and see if that helps. I was not aware of that.

Kev79

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You got to be kidding me!!! I rolled back to 5.2.6.5 and the image is sent like every time now on my Android!! WTH!! I wasted 3 weeks on this HAHA, why is this still an issue in the new versions? This version is like 6 months old. I bet updating for the IOS all these months broke it. I see a lot of IOS patches on the past several versions. This needs attention, I am shocked it went mostly unnoticed and not repaired for this long. Worst part is I cant use sub streams in this version. CPU went from 14% to 50%

Last edited:

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
You got to be kidding me!!! I rolled back to 5.2.6.5 and the image is sent like every time now on my Android!! WTH!! I wasted 3 weeks on this HAHA, why is this still an issue in the new versions? This version is like 6 months old. I bet updating for the IOS all these months broke it. I see a lot of IOS patches on the past several versions. This needs attention, I am shocked it went mostly unnoticed and not repaired for this long. Worst part is I cant use sub streams in this version. CPU went from 14% to 50%
Sounds like you guys are on to something. Make sure you guys open support tickets with the developer. The more tickets with the same issue will garner more attention.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
oh the horror. What will you do???
Perhaps it went unnoticed because its only occurs in specific situations, settings, setup etc. Otherwise more than 2 of the thousands of BI users would be complaining about it. Unless you are the only two using android.

Kev79

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
oh the horror. What will you do???
Perhaps it went unnoticed because its only occurs in specific situations, settings, setup etc. Otherwise more than 2 of the thousands of BI users would be complaining about it. Unless you are the only two using android.
Please enlighten me on what I am doing wrong then. I literally rolled back the version and changed nothing else. I have the most basic setup you could possibly have. I set everything up per the instructions of the DEV and the community. No specific situations here. You must be an Apple user I take?

Last edited by a moderator: