Image missing from push notification

dchaos

n3wb
Reaction score
No luck. Waiting for Ken to dig deeper into the issue. I'm facing the same issues you mentioned.

hikky_b

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No luck. Waiting for Ken to dig deeper into the issue. I'm facing the same issues you mentioned.
Did Ken get back to you re the notifications? I'm still having images not being pushed to iOS/Android devices. Have played around with different alert settings, different streams, H.264/.265 etc with no luck. They occasionally and randomly come through. Updated to 5.3.2.5.

--

Not sure if many others are having this issue?

dchaos

n3wb
Reaction score
Did Ken get back to you re the notifications? I'm still having images not being pushed to iOS/Android devices. Have played around with different alert settings, different streams, H.264/.265 etc with no luck. They occasionally and randomly come through. Updated to 5.3.2.5.

--

Not sure if many others are having this issue?
Nothing additional heard and still intermittent issues.

Peter Myers

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
im curious... i have x2 blue iris installations... 1 in one town adn the second in another town... both houses have the SAME EXACT (SAME EXACT) network configuration.. ubiquiti, Firewall, poe switches, etc..

both running virtually the same hard ware.. same operating systems... same blue iris version.... my system at home.. i get the image snapshots.. the system in the neghiboring town... nothing... so not entirely sure what is to blame... i did a fresh install at home.. and i will be doing that tomorrow over here.. in face i might just clone the hard drive over there.. since both homes have 16 cameras and both have deep stack and AI Tools installed and litterally all settings are the same.. so might as well

dchaos

n3wb
Reaction score
It works just fine with an older version, but I prefer the security and other updates. There's no rhyme or reason I've found as to why it's intermittent. My gut says something to do with Google or Apple push notifications server side or something along those lines.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If everyone emails support about this problem, it will have a greater chance of being put on the front burner.

TheDamski

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi is there any update on this problem? iv emailed support but no response as of yet. latest ios update, latest program update 5.3.2.9 still no image or gif being sent, all worked perfect before the app update.

TheDamski

n3wb
Reaction score
been playing around trying to find out why its stopped working, downloaded the app on a few other Iphones and it works perfectly all running the same ios and same network provider, yet it doesnt display image on my phone its got me scratching my head as to why ? iv deleted the app and reinstalled but it didnt work. has anyone ever had this happen to them ?

hikky_b

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
been playing around trying to find out why its stopped working, downloaded the app on a few other Iphones and it works perfectly all running the same ios and same network provider, yet it doesnt display image on my phone its got me scratching my head as to why ? iv deleted the app and reinstalled but it didnt work. has anyone ever had this happen to them ?
The same is happening for my devices too - some work, some don't. On those that don't, alerts sometimes display correctly (with GIF preview) but most of the time without. I noticed that opening up Blue Iris.app on my phone 'stimulated' the alerts to display correctly for a short period after.

In a somewhat related problem - notifications take a long time to be pushed through to devices (with GIF previews), roughly 30 seconds. Alerts without GIF previews are instant.

TheDamski

n3wb
Reaction score
seems the latest app update has fixed all issues regarding push notifications :)

Kev79

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
seems the latest app update has fixed all issues regarding push notifications :)
Not on my phone. Android still erratic with images. Starting to think it will never be totally resolved with the way it is implemented. Maybe it is my Note 8 just crapping out but I don't think so. The app and server might need to change the way it deals with the notifications to be more adaptable and reliable.

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not on my phone. Android still erratic with images. Starting to think it will never be totally resolved with the way it is implemented. Maybe it is my Note 8 just crapping out but I don't think so. The app and server might need to change the way it deals with the notifications to be more adaptable and reliable.
Have you contacted support about your issue. He doesn't read here.

Kev79

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Have you contacted support about your issue. He doesn't read here.
Oh yea. I am not getting anything to try back from him. It has been we are a working on an update in the near future.. Is everyone else that is on Android have this problem or is it just me? I would like to know if it is on my end for sure.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh yea. I am not getting anything to try back from him. It has been we are a working on an update in the near future.. Is everyone else that is on Android have this problem or is it just me? I would like to know if it is on my end for sure.
I have three different phones here that it works well with.
Moto G7
Samsung S8
Pixel 3a XL

hikky_b

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Glad to hear! So all GIF's coming through now? I've just updated both BI console and iOS app and still having the issues. Definitely more GIF's coming through but still have at least 30 sec delay and plenty don't have previews.

What versions are you running on mobile and BI console?

You're not the only one. Although I'm on iOS, still getting the problems you describe

IMG_1942.PNG

Kev79

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Glad to hear! So all GIF's coming through now? I've just updated both BI console and iOS app and still having the issues. Definitely more GIF's coming through but still have at least 30 sec delay and plenty don't have previews.

What versions are you running on mobile and BI console?

You're not the only one. Although I'm on iOS, still getting the problems you describe

View attachment 71828
You would think as complex and intelligent as the software is, this part would be a cake walk for the programmer.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You would think as complex and intelligent as the software is, this part would be a cake walk for the programmer.
You are assuming there is an issue with blue iris. The issue is likely on your end. Understand that the images are not sent the same way the push is sent. The push is sent by the software to apple/google, then upon receipt of the push notification your phone connects to the server to pull the images.

Kev79

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You are assuming there is an issue with blue iris. The issue is likely on your end. Understand that the images are not sent the same way the push is sent. The push is sent by the software to apple/google, then upon receipt of the push notification your phone connects to the server to pull the images.
I was assuming there was an issue with the link between BI and BI APP. Which the programmer can possibly tweak, maybe use something else. . What could it possibly be on my end? Please explain. I'm not trying to sound confrontational. I really would like to know. I tried everything. I Have pfsence for a router. I have all required ports forwarded and using Stunnel. I Aslo tried open VPN no difference. No difference on WAN, Lan and or mobile data.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I was assuming there was an issue with the link between BI and BI APP. Which the programmer can possibly tweak, maybe use something else. . What could it possibly be on my end? Please explain. I'm not trying to sound confrontational. I really would like to know. I tried everything. I Have pfsence for a router. I have all required ports forwarded and using Stunnel. I Aslo tried open VPN no difference. No difference on WAN, Lan and or mobile data.
It could be anything from a firewall issue, stunnel issue or phone issue. The key here is that there are most others dont have the issue. This tells us that its likely something in your settup.