I may start bidding on some installs using Dahua or oem Dahua equipment.

observant1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I work for 2 companies...sometimes 4 total but 2 that do security and cameras althought the larger security company recomends the other for all his customers camera needs.
He wants me to do all his customers cameras. I have a BI system at home I've never had the time to really learn.

I work with Dahus OEM equipment on all the camera installs so I'm a bit more familular with it. We use the HNC3V381TM-IRAS-S2/28 8MP cameras on most installs. Usually for a resedential install we also use HNC3V381TM-IRAS-S2/28 NVR. Charge the customer about 6-8 hundred per camera installed. Not sure what we charge for thew NVR's but we use a better one (nvr) if we install auto tracking PTZ and ANPR cameras. Set up a phone app or two, sometimes just a monitor or up to 100 ft 4k hdmi cable to a TV with a USB cable for a wireless mouse.

On comercial installs we use the same cameras but a 32-64 channel NVR that can process the ANPR meta data and give us more flexability with two NIC's and a spot monitor, although we also will provide an hdmi splitter for more TV's and Smart PSS on a few computers if certain bosses or tech employees want that also.

The company that provides our equipment also provides firmware that shows the LOGO of our company name instead of Dahua on the NVR's
The cameras - HNC3V381TM-IRAS-S2/28 8MP - look great as long as there is plenty of lighting.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I could probably get at least 1 residential job per wk. Maybe a comercial job -10 or more cameras- a month...maybe not.
----------------------------------------------------------
I've been asked to install a system that has already been purchased by the Security Co. owner (but hates to do cameras) that is 8mp over coax. I think it's purchased thru AVI.
C868E124A. The home has Siamese coax in place. He wants me to do all his camera jobs. He has no interest in camera systems other than to recomend someone to his customes that want some.
--------------------------------------
Long story i know, but i think i can make a good deal more money if i agree to install the camera systems at his customers homes that are wanting that done. ()or any of his buisness customers) And because of my fimiliarity with the Dahua systems that's probably what I will attempt to sell them on....SO all this to just say I'm gonna go all Dahua/OEM because that what I'm more knowledable with.

-Thanks for listening-

Last edited:

observant1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'd also probably go with different model cameras, especially for the residential installs with less ambient light. I can't compete with what 1 company pays for the lite series 4k w ai cameras. I cant purchase 100 at a time, but i can offer beter low light cameras and still make money.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
HNC3V381TM-IRAS-S2/28 8MP

hmmm .. is that a plastic base on this camera ?

Spec Sheet states metal housing, .. yet to me the base looks like that from the Amcrest 5MP turret ( "plastic" base )

Judging from the specs, and price point .. should be able to get a much better camera to install for close to this price ..

1695500076037.png

1695500119487.png
1695500139948.png
1695500200282.png

Attachments

Reaction score
Long story i know, but i think i can make a good deal more money if i agree to install the camera systems at his customers homes that are wanting that done. ()or any of his buisness customers) And because of my fimiliarity with the Dahua systems that's probably what I will attempt to sell them on....SO all this to just say I'm gonna go all Dahua/OEM because that what I'm more knowledable with.

-Thanks for listening-
Is there a question here? What is the purpose of this thread?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Those cheap 4K cams we also sell, and new one support SMD too. Can get you bulk order price and local US warranty and support.
Check this list.on our website empiretech01.com
2HDD one at max 32ch NVR, 4HDD have max 64CH. 8HDD can Max support 128ch

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
or up to 100 ft 4k hdmi cable to a TV with a USB cable for a wireless mouse
I am curious what hardware you are using for this, and how reliable you've found it to be. I have yet to find anything with perfect reliability.

For 2 years I have been using a Monoprice Blackbird 141097 kit for an HDMI 4K@60hz 4:4:4 signal over 20 meters of cat5e. Although it is stable 99.9% of the time, it has an occasional rare visual glitch and a couple times a year it blacks out and the transmitter or receiver needs power cycled. Similar devices exist that also carry low speed USB over the same ethernet cable which could be very nice for a keyboard/mouse, but I haven't used one for any meaningful length of time.

I've also tried Fibbr brand HDMI over fiber optic cables. They aren't pure fiber optic as they also have a bunch of very thin copper wires carrying low frequency signals and power. I had to replace one 20m cable when it got unstable for no apparent reason. I've also been using CableDeconn 20m DisplayPort cables; same hybrid fiber/copper design, but I had to replace one last year when a nearby lightning strike (hundreds of feet away) caused the cable to suddenly fail. Worse, this failure also fried the DisplayPort output on the graphics card it was plugged into. Then I lost 2 more of the same cables just last week during another thunderstorm. Luckily, the DP outputs are okay, but my brother lost a DP output on his GPU that same night because he had a different brand of 25m DisplayPort cable connected to it. At this point I am scared to use long distance HDMI/Displayport hybrid fiber cables anymore because they evidently lack proper shielding. At this point we have a 66% failure rate for this type of cable in our house in the last 18 months and it sucks because replacing them means running new cables through difficult places.

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
If the cameras or for that matter, anything with a wire that is grounded to another
object that is not bonded or grounded to the source, will create a ground loop!
When the "main bolt" connects, everything with a point can create leaders of
thousands of volts. The cam that is connected to that ground will have a substantial
voltage difference from the source. It might not kill it today but just shorten
the life.

In my opinion I would float the the cameras then the only source of voltage excursions would
be induction via the length of the conductor "hopefully" to be shunted to ground via a shielded
cable.

observant1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
HNC3V381TM-IRAS-S2/28 8MP

hmmm .. is that a plastic base on this camera ?
Yes it is. The plastic base can screw on to a PFA136 Junction box for Dahua IP Camera
with a gasket, then the camera slides in place with a set screw in the back. (you gotta have plenty of ambiant lighting at night for the 1/2.7)