I have the Loryta IPC-B54IR-ZE and having noise issues at night

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Looking at the live stream just now, doesnt look like you've implemented the suggested changes...? Or you lack the light to run color

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
What you're seeing is typical of the gain or NR setting issues. As BRF said above set gain to max 50 ie 0-50. NR to 35. If it's still noisy then you need more light or to slow the shutter. The camera you have is an excellent camera but does have limitations for night time colour.

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hard to believe that your "trusted camera person" would set up your 4K camera at 1080???? Also, at a much lower bitrate then required. That is a prescription for failure.
A person who knows that the upload of the guy is maybe limited ? Or some traffic limitations?

8mbit may be too much for his internet connection so the guy went down to 4mbit, knows that 4mbit is too low for 4MP so he go down to 2MP.

Also using 20fps needs more bitrate, but watching owls @ 15fps may be awful.

If there are no limitations, then it would make no sense to go down with bitrate/resolution.

Last edited:

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Show an updated full resolution image if you arent happy with it and we can see if we can improve it. Post the settings again also.
Let me know what you suggest please. I added a short video as well.

Attachments

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Looking at the live stream just now, doesnt look like you've implemented the suggested changes...? Or you lack the light to run color
five feet above the barrel I have a 5 watt led light. It was way to bright so I put three pair of black stockings over it. The owlets are very white. Also about 30' away in a tree I have a 10 watt led shining on the tree. Here is a my Dahua 360 aimed at the barrel. PTZ-1A225-HNR-XA I really don't want the 360 cam to not be in color. It doesn't make good video for the owls flying in..I added a screen capture of my nest cam settings here as well. Thank you for your kindness.

Attachments

Last edited:

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What you're seeing is typical of the gain or NR setting issues. As BRF said above set gain to max 50 ie 0-50. NR to 35. If it's still noisy then you need more light or to slow the shutter. The camera you have is an excellent camera but does have limitations for night time colour.
here's my settings

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
That looks like crap with all the noise

WHAT SOFTWARE IS THAT YOU ARE USING?
You should be making changes on the camera web interface. No telling what all is missing from those settings or how the camera is reacting to the changes

Three things before we move on

MAIN STREAM
1- you have exposure wrong. Set to MANUAL (not Manual Interval) 1/120 - its a choice in the drop down menu where it says Customized Range. NOT 0-120
2- Turn ON Auto Iris
3- what is Backlight set to? Should be nothing

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That looks like crap with all the noise

WHAT SOFTWARE IS THAT YOU ARE USING?
You should be making changes on the camera web interface. No telling what all is missing from those settings or how the camera is reacting to the changes

Three things before we move on

MAIN STREAM
1- you have exposure wrong. Set to MANUAL (not Manual Interval) 1/120 - its a choice in the drop down menu where it says Customized Range. NOT 0-120
2- Turn ON Auto Iris
3- what is Backlight set to? Should be nothing
I'm in Amcrest Surveillance Pro or PSS. I will open the web UI and change settings there. Ok here's the settings from the web ui, they look the same...

Attachments

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You'll have to figure out how to Stream and show us images/video captures of the MAIN STREAM, not the substream.
Are you saying my videos I add to youtube are from my substream? The screen captures I have added here say main stream on the top left. The image is 1100% better but not in color. I have to be able to tell the male from the female visually. I know the difference by their call.

Attachments