I have the Loryta IPC-B54IR-ZE and having noise issues at night

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi I have the Loryta cam aimed at my owl cam and I am having issues with background noise (artifax) at night. I hate to reset all my settings. Can someone tell me what I need to change in my settings to get rid of all the noise please? In my PSS app it says my cam is a ipc-b5442e-ze but on Amazon where I purchased it it says it's a IPC-B54IR-ZE. My owls will be nesting soon and it looks like crap. Thanks in advance. I did a screen capture.

Attachments

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The camera is the 5442-ZE - it went thru a name change when Andy sells it, so he sells it as B54IR-ZE.

You either need more visible light or go to infrared.

But post screenshots of your settings in the event we see something out of whack.

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The camera is the 5442-ZE - it went thru a name change when Andy sells it, so he sells it as B54IR-ZE.

You either need more visible light or go to infrared.

But post screenshots of your settings in the event we see something out of whack.
Thank you. What settings do you need exactly? The settings here were changed tonight but they didn't help. Also on another page I changed backlight to SSA mode. Thank you!

Attachments

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Shutter/Exposure, gain, brightness, NR, contrast, gamma, sharpness, saturation

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Shutter/Exposure, gain, brightness, NR, contrast, gamma, sharpness, saturation
I added the info you wanted to my previous post. Here's my last youtube video. It doesn't seem that bad in the video as it does now. Here's my latest video-

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
1-vWhy are you running a top 4MP camera at 2MP and less than 1/2 the bitrate it needs?
2- You're running way to fast a shutter at night. Try 1/120 manual should be fine
3- if you do the above you should be able to turn Gain back down some

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Try to use H.264H
bitstream to max 8192

Also check the firmware you are using, if always have light on and full color, can use the none smart IR fw, will be brighter.

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
1-vWhy are you running a top 4MP camera at 2MP and less than 1/2 the bitrate it needs?
2- You're running way to fast a shutter at night. Try 1/120 manual should be fine
3- if you do the above you should be able to turn Gain back down some
Okay I am confused. Please just tell me what page I have the wrong settings and tell me what to change it too please. I'd like to keep it in color also.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
ok once then Im out

1- Change Exposure/Shutter to Manual 1/120
2- Change Gain on that same tab, to 0-50
3- On the Encode page change to h.264.h, /change 1080P to 4MP (or 2560x1440), /and Bitstream to 8192

If I'm not mistaken you've been on the forum with this same basic goal for 4 years, I would hope you would have begun to pick up some basics by now, like running a 4MP camera at 4MP resolution and being able to understand basic camera principles.

I'm just suggesting these as a baseline. They will be far closer to ideal than your current settings but may need to be adjusted once you see the effects. I have no idea on your ambient light or other settings so there may be other issues, but those will get you in a place where you can at least take advantage of the camera's capabilities.

Last edited:

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken you've been on the forum with this same basic goal for 4 years, I would hope you would have begun to pick up some basics by now, like running a 4MP camera at 4MP resolution and being able to understand basic camera principles.

I'm just suggesting these as a baseline. They will be far closer to ideal than your current settings but may need to be adjusted once you see the effects. I have no idea on your ambient light or other settings so there may be other issues, but those will get you in a place where you can at least take advantage of the camera's capabilities.
Thank you. It looks better. To be honest I had someone set my cam up when I bought the cam andI trusted their judgement on what the settings needed to be for streaming over my website. I have not messed with the settings much because I was afraid of messing up their hard work. I only look at my owl cams during breeding season which ends the first week in May and I don't look with them again until Nov. I have had problems with my memory for a while now but I got Covid in Nov. and I'm still not back to normal. I'm sorry to be so much trouble. I do appreciate your time. Thank you so much. PS I would like to say that each time I have asked for help was when I had bought new cams and was setting them up for a new location. This area now is the third location since 2019. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Thank you. It looks better. To be honest I had someone set my cam up when I bought the cam andI trusted their judgement on what the settings needed to be for streaming over my website. I have not messed with the settings much because I was afraid of messing up their hard work. I only look at my owl cams during breeding season which ends the first week in May and I don't look with them again until Nov. I have had problems with my memory for a while now but I got Covid in Nov. and I'm still not back to normal. I'm sorry to be so much trouble. I do appreciate your time. Thank you so much. PS I would like to say that each time I have asked for help was when I had bought new cams and was setting them up for a new location. This area now is the third location since 2019. Thanks again.
Hard to believe that your "trusted camera person" would set up your 4K camera at 1080???? Also, at a much lower bitrate then required. That is a prescription for failure.

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hard to believe that your "trusted camera person" would set up your 4K camera at 1080???? Also, at a much lower bitrate then required. That is a prescription for failure.
Beggars can't be choosers. I have to assume my webmaster chose the settings that work best with RTSP.me guidelines. I would never do anything to jeopardize our friendship. Here's my website. https://okiebirdcam.com/home/ take care.

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
One way to have it both ways might be to feed the website your camera's sub stream at reduced "web site" resolution and bitrate, while keeping the main stream at optimal 4K resolution and adequate bitrate for your internal viewing and recording.