I can not see the HikVision Camera after installing the plugin on Microsoft Edge

nightearth

n3wb
Reaction score
I have installed the required plugin but I am still unable to see the camera on the Edge browser while I am still able to view them on the old Internet explorer.

Any suggestion please

nightearth

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you so much.
HikVision and Dahua should find a solution for this issue since Internet explorer is not supported from Microsoft company any more

nightearth

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you so much. This is the good news.

Is there any documentation from the HIkVsion website please?
I did not find anything regarding the provided information on HIkVsiion website.

I can not share this information if it is not mentioned on HIkVsion website.
Please share with me a screenshot or the link regarding that we do not need the plugin with the new firmware 5.5.x

thx in advance

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there any documentation from the HIkVsion website please?
I did not find anything regarding the provided information on HIkVsiion website.
Under the camera specifications, check out what browser is supported, for example here for the DS-2CD2347G1-LU

Extract :
Web BrowserPlug-in required live view: IE8+, Chrome 41.0-44, Firefox 30.0-51, Safari 8.0-11;
Plug-in free live view: Chrome 45.0+, Firefox 52.0+

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Alastair, I presume my equipment will not function with Edge yet as the firmware is not as stated.
That firmware version quoted is for the cameras.
I'm not sure which NVR firmware version and NVR model can operate plugin-free on a browser - I've not used the 'firmware 4' on an NVR yet, it's been a bit cranky.

busterboy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That firmware version quoted is for the cameras.
I'm not sure which NVR firmware version and NVR model can operate plugin-free on a browser - I've not used the 'firmware 4' on an NVR yet, it's been a bit cranky.
Looks like I'm up to date with the camera firmware.

latest firmware.jpg

nightearth

n3wb
Reaction score
I am really confused.
NVR should be has the Firmware version 5.5.x or the Camera itself ?
Please make it clear

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hikvision NVR V4+ will work without a plug-in. It’s been a bit buggy, but getting better with each update. That being said, I personally still use IE with plug in. (That’s the most stable and full featured way) Which NVR model are You using? There’s a chance it doesn’t support V4 anyways

busterboy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hikvision NVR V4+ will work without a plug-in. It’s been a bit buggy, but getting better with each update.
Bizarre my DS-7608NI-K2/8P with V4.30.005 won't work with Microsoft Edge.:rolleyes:

Still using Internet Explorer and working fine though so no issues.

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I haven’t tried it with Edge, but I can say that it does work with Chrome

nightearth

n3wb
Reaction score
Microsoft will stop supporting the IE 11 by the end of this year which means it will be the perfect goal for hackers.
Why these Chinese companies do not respect their clients.??!!!!

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have wondered this myself. Why are they so slow to keep up with modern times? There is so much competition these days with cameras. This would never happen if they were located here in Silicon Valley. Software is key, and Hikvision is not keeping up!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It is really annoying that HikVision does not find a way to let's use Edge
I have wondered this myself. Why are they so slow to keep up with modern times? There is so much competition these days with cameras. This would never happen if they were located here in Silicon Valley. Software is key, and Hikvision is not keeping up
Hikvision's IP cameras do support MS Edge - just not the older series of models.
This is DS-2CD2385G1-I via Edge.

1599576938069.png