Husband being sneaky

Graceful

n3wb
Reaction score
My husband and I have been separated for a couple of weeks now because I believe he is having an affair and will not admit it. He does stay on our property and come to the house when he needs to. Yesterday he came over right before work and on my security camera I could see he was just standing in the kitchen which was kind of odd the way he was doing it. I noticed that he had a couple of things that I had never seen before one being a light in his pocket and the other a device which is the middle one on the counter. First video he is facing away and has something in his hand pointing it towards a device on the counter. Second video he has a light coming from his pocket as he’s throwing something away in the trash. The third video he sneezes in my picFirst video he is facing away and has something in his hand pointing it towards a device on the counter. Second video he has a light coming from his pocket as he’s throwing something away in the trash. The third video he sneezes in my Camera makes a big snap. You can in between his hand is something there as well. Fourth and fifth video he has his hands in the front of his sweater and also lights up. Swears he only has two phones and no more. I believe that he was shooting the jammer to my video cameras because when he left they did not record for the rest of the day. As you can see the recording of him is not clear as it was before he came in either. Just need some advice is that what this really is in his pocket. Right before he left his phone and took a picture from the corner of the cabinet facing the window which leads to our barn across the pasture. Advise please. Very nervous as to what he’s up to.

Attachments

MicahJames

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
When the recording shows a light in his pocket, the camera is in IR mode. It only switches over to "day time" when he turns on the light. As a result, the light you see in his pocket may very well just be an IR light from his cell phone (most modern cell phones use an IR light for face ID).

The snap you are hearing is the camera switching from IR mode to "day mode" as aforementioned, its literally just a mechanical switch and of course the microphone picks up on that. I don't see anything too suspicious here.

NOW, having said that, I will get a little personal. I have been through divorce and I was on "your side" of the coin with regard to who was being unfaithful. Although it seems very weird that he would just kind of stand there (almost creepy) I can tell you he is likely just reflecting on what's happening and where he's at. I had many moments standing around contemplating the whole situation and i would literally just zone out like a zombie. He may even just be dealing with guilt and be feeling worse being inside his marital home.

Just my .02 but some of the better forensics investigators on this forum will have other ideas about the light.

Good luck, always better off looking back.

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Unless it's just sun light refection or something, possible a laser under the corner of the island, notice it is greenish and there's a reflection on the wall beam on the right.

IPVM article show the potential damage via experiments. A different opinion on whether a laser can effect cameras, shows experiment with laser up close.

Graceful

n3wb
Reaction score
When the recording shows a light in his pocket, the camera is in IR mode. It only switches over to "day time" when he turns on the light. As a result, the light you see in his pocket may very well just be an IR light from his cell phone (most modern cell phones use an IR light for face ID).

The snap you are hearing is the camera switching from IR mode to "day mode" as aforementioned, its literally just a mechanical switch and of course the microphone picks up on that. I don't see anything too suspicious here.

NOW, having said that, I will get a little personal. I have been through divorce and I was on "your side" of the coin with regard to who was being unfaithful. Although it seems very weird that he would just kind of stand there (almost creepy) I can tell you he is likely just reflecting on what's happening and where he's at. I had many moments standing around contemplating the whole situation and i would literally just zone out like a zombie. He may even just be dealing with guilt and be feeling worse being inside his marital home.

Just my .02 but some of the better forensics investigators on this forum will have other ideas about the light.

His employee was outside waiting. My husband is the one that moved out. You can hear his voice on my security camera as well. Somehow he can hear my conversations.

Ckb3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
There is something under the counter causing the green light. Maybe he can control it?

Reaction score

I agree that there is little going on here except that he is lost in his thoughts. Jamming the camera makes little sense. Why not simply pull the plug on the camera, or even flip the breaker in the kitchen and disable it? If he's going to do something nefarious, there's no reason why he would allow himself to be recorded.

But if you don't think you can trust your camera anymore, then the solution is simple enough: replace it with one that you purchase and configure yourself.

Reaction score
Somehow he can hear my conversations.
If your cameras have microphones, and he is still able to log in and access those cameras, then of course he can hear your conversations.

He lived in the house, right? So did you set up those cameras by yourself, or did he also assist? Unless you did all the setup, and have disallowed sharing from the cameras that you control, there's no way to keep him out of your network.

Xeddog

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I agree that he just looks like a lost dog, but having said that, is there any remote access to your system? He COULD be watching you. I would reconfigure all passwords and remote access if there is any.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Maybe I'm crazy, but that does look like some kind of laser or something aimed at the camera. Maybe he just doesn't want to be watched this is how he's getting back at you?

I thought it was sunlight, but in this clip he goes in front of where the light looks like its coming from, I think its some kind of laser and its reflecting off the lens of the camera maybe

1612365682429.png

1612365726321.png

Also, do guys not recycle empty cans?