Huisun 10x PTZ mini-bullet garage installation

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm guessing it's about 40 to 50 feet to the nose of the truck. No way I would I own that GMC. lol

Here's a couple more LPR shots. The candy appled red Tacoma is mine. Those black squares keep appearing on my lens. :peaceful:

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Why block out the plates of vehicles you don't own any of them and its a public street is fair game. Sorry seems pointless to considering only certain people have the ability to actually get the non pertinent info which the ones that can really don't care to know

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Why block out the plates of vehicles you don't own any of them and its a public street is fair game. Sorry seems pointless to considering only certain people have the ability to actually get the non pertinent info which the ones that can really don't care to know
Because it's a decent thing to do and being decent is what makes some folks better neighbors than others.

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Because it's a decent thing to do and being decent is what makes some folks better neighbors than others.
Has nothing to do with being decent. to each is their own I occasionally block out plate but realized very few can get the info and the info they get isn't anything one can't find online with google. I guess i don't care now a days because my plates on my cars is out there for everyone to see.

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you mean when the camera loses power and if it returns to its last position after power is restored? I just tested it by shutting down the power to all my cameras on the garage. The Huisun returned to its last parked position including the zoom. That's nice to know. Thanks for asking about that.
Well, that's kinda what I wanted to know...if I zoom in to view FiDi, for example, can I set THAT position as 'home', so that successive logins to the cam start in that position? Cheers Lare!

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Been chatting with Monica in whatsapp for about an hour. She almost had me convinced to order a couple more of the mini-bullets but I told her I'd sleep on it.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No luck in reading license plates at night. Must be too much reflection. I haven't tried tweaking the camera setting though. Brightness, contrast, etc. are all set at default.

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Has nothing to do with being decent. to each is their own I occasionally block out plate but realized very few can get the info and the info they get isn't anything one can't find online with google. I guess i don't care now a days because my plates on my cars is out there for everyone to see.
Has everything to do with being decent. You know, there are some people out there that will use the license plate to search google and unauthorized systems to find past criminal background of others (if any) and post it online for everyone to see. I've seen it done! Can you believe that? Also, since you are not too worry about it "because my plates on my cars is out there for everyone to see" post yours to see what information we can find. Sounds like a fun game.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Shutter speed is too low. Try 1/250 and see how you go.
Wow, that worked. Thanks! Can now read license plates at night. Wonder if there's a way to automatically change settings from day to night with this camera? Here's a night shot of a license plate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, that worked. Thanks! Can now read license plates at night. Wonder if there's a way to change settings from day to night with this camera? Here's a night shot of a license plate...
Keep tuning it Lare and post the results if any...this Huisun PTZ may become THE cheap plate reader for the next year of so.