Huisun 10x PTZ mini-bullet garage installation

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Stupid auto correct! Lol. Should say picking up this cam. My concern with the 10x is how the vertical and horizontal view is when the camera is aimed down to cover driveway. I see you've mounted yours around the middle where as mine will be mounted more to the right when looking at your garage from the street.

Last edited by a moderator:

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The parked position is adjustable and memorized, no? I'm even hoping to have partial zoom (3-5X) in parked.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The parked position is adjustable and memorized, no? I'm even hoping to have partial zoom (3-5X) in parked...
That is a BEAUTIFUL shot brother...you live in a ten-million dollar Frisco mansion or is that Seattle?

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's 'The City'...from my pricey flat on a hillside in Tiburon..Corinthian Island in the dead center, town of Tiburon below, Belvedere to the right, Angel Island Center left, and Tiburon peninsula far left. For The City, your seeing 'FiDi' (financial district) left of Corinthian, and 'The Aves' (parts of the Marina district, Cow Hollow, Pacific Heights, Western Addition just right of Corinthian. Presidio is just out of the view thanks to Belvedere.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Here's a motion activated video from early this morning (11/4). Recorded in BI at 10 fps.

The grey circle on the left side is from my external garage lights that come on a 33% brilliance at dusk every night. When I turned off the lights using my Vera controller, the grey circle disappeared.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Lare, my good man: that camera zooms in to 51mm I believe. What do you think are the chances of being able to use that camera for the sole (dedicated) purpose of capturing license plates?

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The parked position is adjustable and memorized, no? I'm even hoping to have partial zoom (3-5X) in parked.
Do you mean when the camera loses power and if it returns to its last position after power is restored? I just tested it by shutting down the power to all my cameras on the garage. The Huisun returned to its last parked position including the zoom. That's nice to know. Thanks for asking about that.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Lare, my good man: that camera zooms in to 51mm I believe. What do you think are the chances of being able to use that camera for the sole (dedicated) purpose of capturing license plates?
That shouldn't be a problem during daylight hours. I'm not sure about night. I might zoom in on the street tonight to see if it picks up the paperboy's license plate. He drives through here every night between about 3 AM and 5 AM. That's about the only traffic we get out here during the night. :)

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
works well for anpr I have enough street lighting to also keep it colour at full zoom 51mm

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
works well for anpr I have enough street lighting to also keep it colour at full zoom 51mm
"ANPR" = automatic number plate recognition?

- - - Updated - - -

That shouldn't be a problem during daylight hours. I'm not sure about night. I might zoom in on the street tonight to see if it picks up the paperboy's license plate. He drives through here every night between about 3 AM and 5 AM. That's about the only traffic we get out here during the night. :)
That would be very instructive Lare...day and night please? If possible please?

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

That would be very instructive Lare...day and night please? If possible please?
I was wondering what ANPR was, so did a Google search and found it. :)

Reading license plates works good during the day. The camera is zoomed in at about 8x.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Lare...there's something wrong with that camera! It blacked out a portion of the plate number! rofl.gif

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

LOL sorry British acronym,

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I was wondering what ANPR was, so did a Google search and found it. :)

Reading license plates works good during the day. The camera is zoomed in at about 8x...
Lare, how many feet is that shot, from camera to nose of vehicle?

acvb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That last video showing those 4 legged government goats... I remembered I need a larger freezer.
I ordered my PTZ/POE/10xcamea last night. Now time seams to take forever to receive.