How to Setup Spotter Cams with Dahua NVR?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Also be sure your IVS rules are actually tripping. You may have lines drawn that simply aren’t in the right spot. Try tripwire first. Intrusion can be tricky as there is a 3D element to the “box”.

Lance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Leave MD and SMD OFF. They still suck 10 years after they were introduced.

Are you using/recording to a Dahua NVR?
It should work the exact same way. If so go to the recording schedule on the NVR and make sure IVS/Intelligent is recording for that camera 24/7

You also need to check the box on the camera IVS tab for each rule to “record”
That was the problem, thank you. Next question...It seems on most of (not all) my IVS events, it will start tracking a car or person, then for no reason at all it seems, it will move on to the next preset in the middle of tracking. Any idea for this? And is there a way to make it zoom in closer to what it is tracking?

thanks a million!

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Two separate issues

1- it’s moving to another preset while tracking. A) make sure you don’t have a tour or anything else set. B) ANY synched spotter activation will cause the ptz to break track and go where it’s told. It doesn’t care if it’s tracking elsewhere at the time. It overrides. Multiple spotters can cause this and things can get tricky. C) you could have overlapping spotter IVS rules.

2- setting “zoom” is via the tracking size control on the Ptz IVS screen bottom left. (Assuming yours has this feature.) it’s a trial and error thing. Start at 30-35

Lance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Two separate issues

1- it’s moving to another preset while tracking. A) make sure you don’t have a tour or anything else set. B) ANY synched spotter activation will cause the ptz to break track and go where it’s told. It doesn’t care if it’s tracking elsewhere at the time. It overrides. Multiple spotters can cause this and things can get tricky. C) you could have overlapping spotter IVS rules.

2- setting “zoom” is via the tracking size control on the Ptz IVS screen bottom left. (Assuming yours has this feature.) it’s a trial and error thing. Start at 30-35
so no tour then...what about a scan? can I set that for the idle? or will it mess up too?
here's my IVS screen. Is it the target filter min/max setting? It was max but I just changed it to min.
Web capture_1-3-2022_19226_192.168.1.110.jpeg

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
No scan. Everything off except the Time Task and start up. Get it working first before you play with all the toys. Then 1 at a time and see affects.

Is that your NVR screen? Make ALL changes on the camera itself.

No. The target filter determines min and max size of the objects you want to track.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Don’t think so, it’s universal I believe regardless of what makes it move initially

Reaction score
just found tested something. you can have the ptz call the preset on its with an IVS rule and it restart the task time "timer" This in turns seems to restart the timer clock.