How to Setup Spotter Cams with Dahua NVR?

Davahad

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Added a new PTZ with Autotracking (SD50232XA-HNR) and cannot figure out how to setup a spotter cam for PTZ to move to when spotter IVS is tripped.

Appreciate any help.

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Log in to the NVR using IE, click the AI menu. Parameters -> IVS and choose relevant SPOTTER cam.

Choose the relevant IVS-Rule you want to use and scroll down to PTZ LINKAGE and in the box that pop up, first enable (!!) And then the channel of the PTZ and what preset you want to send it to.

Important: if the preset on the spotter cam is not setup, do that first but do it from the camera interface and NOT via the NVR.

Davahad

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Log in to the NVR using IE, click the AI menu. Parameters -> IVS and choose relevant SPOTTER cam.

Choose the relevant IVS-Rule you want to use and scroll down to PTZ LINKAGE and in the box that pop up, first enable (!!) And then the channel of the PTZ and what preset you want to send it to.

Important: if the preset on the spotter cam is not setup, do that first but do it from the camera interface and NOT via the NVR.
That works thanks! Looks like the PTZ camera does not return to the Preset which is monitoring a Deep IVS and will not trigger again unless you manually move it back to the preset. Is this the way it is supposed to work?

Baldcamman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Attempting to play with this as I just got auto tracing camera. I don't see anything in camera or NVR that says spotter camera. All Dahua system.

Baldcamman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Got the call up working. So can I get ptz to auto track after calling to preset?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You have to set that up within the camera preset. The NVR can only call the PTZ to a preset, but the camera needs to take over from there.

Baldcamman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok seem to have the tracking figured out. The problem now if the camera goes to preset 3 and returns to home after the 1-minute time frame I have set in idle motion. When it goes to preset 2 it will not return at all.

Attachments

Last edited:

Lance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out mine too. I can get the spotter cam to trigger the PTZ to a preset but the PTZ doesn't do any tracking or zoom with the motion. I tried IVS on the PTZ for each preset for intrusion and also played with motion detect and smart motion detect. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I currently have it on a tour of the presets after 1 min idle.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Hmmmm
Should work as below

Spotter cam is running its own IVS rule.
Spotter is triggered by its IVS rule
PTZ has let’s say 2 presets
Let’s assume preset #1 is “home”
Spotter tells PTZ to go to preset -#2
PTZ has its own IVS rule for preset #2
PTZ must, AFTER arriving at its preset 2 see movement
PTZ tracks movement that it’s IVS sees
Tracking ends
PTZ has setting on the “TIME TASK” tab to return “home/preset #1” in say 120 seconds

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok seem to have the tracking figured out. The problem now if the camera goes to preset 3 and returns to home after the 1-minute time frame I have set in idle motion. When it goes to preset 2 it will not return at all.
Try using Time Task instead of idle motion. Clear Idle motion first.

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Lance
I'm not sure if you have problem getting Autotrack, "spotter cams" or both to work.

I saw I had a basic tutorial how to set up Autotracking.
For spotter cameras you need an NVR. See my post above. Here's a screenshot.

Screenshot_20220228-215257_Chrome.jpg

Baldcamman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Try using Time Task instead of idle motion. Clear Idle motion first.
I attempted this also with no luck. I have 2 other cameras calling the ptz. It will go to both presets and track. It will move from one preset to the other when tripped. It will not return to home.
camera.png

Lance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got it working a little better now. Set up intrusion boxes in each preset with IVS. But it doesn't record to disk at all even with record channel box checked. This is with MD and SMD off and only IVS. Is there a way to have it flag the IVS as blue "Intelligent" on playback like my stationary cams do with IVS? Is the only option to have it record constantly and fish through the footage for events?
If I turn on MD and SMD with IVS, it records every tree moving in the wind but still is only flagged as "MD" and not "intelligent".

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Leave MD and SMD OFF. They still suck 10 years after they were introduced.

Are you using/recording to a Dahua NVR?
It should work the exact same way. If so go to the recording schedule on the NVR and make sure IVS/Intelligent is recording for that camera 24/7

You also need to check the box on the camera IVS tab for each rule to “record”