How to reset IPC-HFW1831EP?

Reaction score
The camera worked fine for 5 months and suddenly it stopped working. I contacted Empire Tech through Amazon and he suggested to reset it. The manual which shows a panel on the bottom side with a reset button underneath. My camera doesn't have this panel. There are no buttons anywhere that I can see.
Has anyone else had to reset the camera and how did you do this?

RubberDucky

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Have you tried rebooting it first? if that doesn't help, then resetting it to Default? (both can be done from the web interface).

Otherwise, you have to pry the front plastic piece off (it's just stuck on and there is a pry slot to put a screwdriver blade in or guitar pick to avoid scratching things), then unscrew the four screws that you'll see exposed, then look in the bottom left corner for a little button that you can push. That is the reset button.

EDIT: I assume you've tested the obvious first. Make sure your cable and connections are good. And the camera is getting power. Use the web interface to avoid complicated software problems.

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The camera worked fine for 5 months and suddenly it stopped working. I contacted Empire Tech through Amazon and he suggested to reset it. The manual which shows a panel on the bottom side with a reset button underneath. My camera doesn't have this panel. There are no buttons anywhere that I can see.
Has anyone else had to reset the camera and how did you do this?
Did you properly water proof the Rj45 connection at time of install with Di-electric Grease and Coax Seal.

Reaction score
Have you tried rebooting it first? if that doesn't help, then resetting it to Default? (both can be done from the web interface).

Otherwise, you have to pry the front plastic piece off (it's just stuck on and there is a pry slot to put a screwdriver blade in or guitar pick to avoid scratching things), then unscrew the four screws that you'll see exposed, then look in the bottom left corner for a little button that you can push. That is the reset button.

EDIT: I assume you've tested the obvious first. Make sure your cable and connections are good. And the camera is getting power. Use the web interface to avoid complicated software problems.
That worked. Such a tiny reset button. Thanks a bunch!

Reaction score
Did you properly water proof the Rj45 connection at time of install with Di-electric Grease and Coax Seal.
You'll disagree but it's not necessary for this installation. The camera is mounted under the garage eve with the cable going through the wall with a drip loop. No water will make its way to the RJ-45 connection.

Grn1z

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Water isn't always rain "getting in". These cams run hot then cool and moisture droplets can get in.

Freebie

n3wb
Reaction score
Scotch mist aka fog or condensation / dew when the temperature falls will.
The advice to moisture seal it is good.
It needs very little conductivity for electrolytic action with 48v in play across a couple of contacts.
You have convinced me. I'll moisture seal the connection.