How to flash my nvr? I

Reaction score
Look forward to valuable advices on flashing a nvr, am Not able to either restore or make any changes to nvr, if i succeeded it will remain old sending after restart.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Look forward to valuable advices on flashing a nvr, am Not able to either restore or make any changes to nvr, if i succeeded it will remain old sending after restart.
Take your camera, aim it at the NVR, snap a photo and wait for the flash. Then check the NVR to see if firmware was upgraded.
If you want a better answer, you should provide WAY more detail!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ok, i will explain, am using a hikvision nvr, 7616ni e2, now am Not able to make any changes in my nvr, like i cannot add a new camera, cannot restore, cannot changeip, cant upgrade firm.... This is whats am facing..... Cannot change old settings... I had a discussion with local hikvision customercare, they suggested to flash the nvr, it means crushing the old software and install new.... I hope you understand my problem...

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, i will explain, am using a hikvision nvr, 7616ni e2, now am Not able to make any changes in my nvr, like i cannot add a new camera, cannot restore, cannot changeip, cant upgrade firm.... This is whats am facing..... Cannot change old settings... I had a discussion with local hikvision customercare, they suggested to flash the nvr, it means crushing the old software and install new.... I hope you understand my problem...
Those symptoms, if via the web GUI, sound like the webcomponents plugin is not available or enabled.
What browser is in use, and does webcomponents show as 'enabled' in Manage add-ons?

Also - how do settings changes work via the VGA/HDMI interface?

Reaction score
Those symptoms, if via the web GUI, sound like the webcomponents plugin is not available or enabled.
What browser is in use, and does webcomponents show as 'enabled' in Manage add-ons?

Also - how do settings changes work via the VGA/HDMI interface?

Reaction score
Through vga/HDMI interface result is same, some times it changes but after rebooting it remain old..... It cant keep settings saved after rebooting.... The added camera looks like deleted, we can see the active cameras on ip camera adding menu...

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
restore it to factory defaults; sounds like it has a bad config

should be an option in WebUI or OSD to perform a factory reset

Reaction score
dear , ... i cant do either restore or factory default........ that is what am facing ... i want a solution for that....

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If its in such a bad state that you cant restore to factory default then its broken and flashing it will likely destroy it further..

either the NVR is non functional; or you are.

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
i cant do either restore or factory default.
Why can't you?
What happens? You're not giving us much info to go on...
How about some screen shots?
Describe error messages.
Describe what happens when you kick off the factory default...

Reaction score
I will explain my problem....

My nvr Model 7616nie2, am using it for the past one year, i already connected 12 cameras on it, all cameras are same. 2cd 2010f-i, all are working find.

recently i added two more same cameras with nvr, now total 14 cameras,, its working perfectly...

But after rebooting the nvr, there is only 12 cameras.. Other two cameras which newly added looks like deleted.. But I can see it on nvr, able to add again....

But same repeats after rebooting... 12 cameras only

I tried to upgrade, failed
I tried to restore factory, failed

I think the problem is nvr cannot keep the new changes in settings after restart..

I hope you understand my problem...