How to add camera to BI that is not in the drop down list

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
+1^^ to @wittaj 's advice.

You may already know this since you've been a member for over 5 years, but I'll mention this:
Many Hikvision cams have a default, static IP of 192.168.1.64. If so, insure BI server is on same subnet, log into cam and change to a different, unique IP that is outside of your router's DHCP pool. Do each cam one at a time, performing the Find/Inspect routine as mentioned by @wittaj .

Write down the IP's you assigned each cam.

HINT: in BI I name the cams like "Front Porch 204", the last 3 digits are the cam's IP on their subnet.
My ? wasn't in relation to IP etc, I have no issues with that, it was more about when using BI, will the automated selection yield better results for camera operation than if you were to select the exact make and model from the drop down list, or to put it another way, does BI better support the ONVIF settings than any Hikvision specific features.

Hmm makes sense when I say it, but not sure I am conveying the depth...

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
..... when using BI, will the automated selection yield better results for camera operation than if you were to select the exact make and model from the drop down list, or to put it another way, does BI better support the ONVIF settings than any Hikvision specific features.
Yes.