How many max connections can this Hikvision NVR DS-7616NI-Q2 / 16P offer?

babybenz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
We have a Hikvision NVR, model DS-7616NI-Q2 / 16P connecting to 16 Hikvision cameras using the built-in PoE ports of the NVR. The NVR run in the latest firmware V4.30.085 build 210409.
So far, we have 2 PC that is connected to the web-interface of this NVR to get the live view via Internet Explorer (all the times)
We also have 2 other tablets that use the rtsp protocol streaming about 6 of 16 camera for our Home Assistant app (almost all times)
And finally, I have my iPhone using iVMS-4500 Lite app to stream 16 cameras in the app (but not all the times)
Often now, the iVMS-4500 app said "no more connection can be made" ...
I did not see anywhere in the NVR User's Manual mentioning about Max Connection. Also, I did not see any option to adjust the number of concurent connections (my previous, cheaper Costco Lorex NVR did offer this settings)
Could someone tell me how many simultaneously connection can be made to this NVR? Is there a way to increase this number of concurent connections?
Thank you very much in advance

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It could potentially be that you are at the outgoing capacity of the NVR. The spec sheet says outgoing bandwidth is 80Mbps. So depending on the resolution of those 16 cameras and the bitrate quality and viewing main versus substream can eat into 80Mbps fairly quickly.

babybenz

n3wb
Reaction score
It could potentially be that you are at the outgoing capacity of the NVR. The spec sheet says outgoing bandwidth is 80Mbps. So depending on the resolution of those 16 cameras and the bitrate quality and viewing main versus substream can eat into 80Mbps fairly quickly.
Good point here wittaj, that I did not think about it...
So I check again:
The Tablets that Home Assistant stream the cameras are all using sub-stream
The iVMS-4500 Lite app is using substream
But the 2 PCs which using the Internet Explorer to access the NVR, how much bandwithth you think it takes?
By the way, do you know there is a way to measure the output?
Thank you, again for all of your help

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
By the way, do you know there is a way to measure the output?
One way is to add up all the bitrates that each camera being viewed is set to use - but there are quite a few uncertainties there, especially if you are using VBR as opposed to CBR.
But if you have a monitor/TV connected to the NVR HDMI output, the network menu provides a reliable view of ingoing and outgoing bandwidth in use.

dimonster

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi. We have got the same probem a week ago. We have 32 ch Hikvision NVR DS-7732NI-K4 and 32 Hikvision IP cameras (different models). And there was four PC's with iVMS-4200 installed. We added a couple of PC's for surveilance purpose and got an error "No more user can be connected" for some cameras on every PC. After rebooting the NVR and(or) rebooting a PC we got the same error for some other cameras. And every time it was random error, not at the same cameras.
The bandwidth (256/160 Mb/s) of NVR is not exceed. But there is the interesting limitation in the datasheet for this NVR "Network Remote Connection128-ch". Hmm... 4 operators x 32 cameras = 128 channels. OK. But 6 operators x 32 cameras is 192 channels. 192>128. So, we had to reduce numbers of cameras for each operators, and got no errors. I think, we have to buy one more NVR or change settings of some PC running iVMS-4200 to connect to cameras directly, not using NVR.