How long to get Wunderground to approve Webcam?

ttroglio

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been posting up images to Wunderground's FTP site for days now. My webcam is online and working. However, nothing ever shows up on my weather site.

I've sent a couple of emails to their support line but no response.

I'm uploading a file called image.jpg and the file size is about 120K in BI. The log line below isn't showing any errors I can see. Could it be because I'm using the demo version of BI and it's putting a message on the screen? I'm trying the demo to see if it will work reliably before I purchase.

1 1/7/2021 2:00:00.981 PM Cam1 Post: FTP: 226 0.471 seconds (measured here), 230.00 Kbytes per second
4 1/7/2021 2:03:02.632 PM Cam1 Post: FTP OK

Any ideas on how long this takes?

Thanks..

Attachments

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
WU is the new Lethargic National Bank now. Any day now, any day.

Seriously, it can take quite a while. I saw a recent post on another board where a camera showed offline and the images were up to date. WU has turned into a mess, based on the idea that "dollar is king" since IBM got involved. It was bad enough once the Weather Channel got involved but then along came big blue.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
I started trying to get on line about the time Weather.com came along. I tried for 6 months, and finally gave up.

ttroglio

n3wb
Reaction score
@sebastiantombs

Yea I'd been reading the same from other posts and forums as well but they were somewhat dated. I went out and bought another used cam to use specifically as a weather cam on my Swann system. After much work I think I finally have it going but I'd been holding off purchasing the LE version of BI until I saw some images online.

Wait I guess.

Thanks..

lcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Maybe try ambientweather

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's my experience, that the only time the BI log shows anything about FTP, is when it fails to upload the still. If it's a success, then nothing in the log....unless something has changed in BI.
For fun, I would reduce the Quality setting back to 50%, to see the size is causing it to fail. Probably not, but ya never know with WU.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I have had no issues using this method. You should get a picture up within 15 minutes on WU if all goes well. Make sure your image size is not too big ! I always FTP to a temp folder to check this. Once you get it working then you can quit ftp to a folder. My image is around 122KB and it works fine.Screenshot 2021-01-17 092047.jpgScreenshot 2021-01-17 092047.jpgScreenshot 2021-01-17 092047.jpg

Attachments

ttroglio

n3wb
Reaction score
I have had no issues using this method. You should get a picture up within 15 minutes on WU if all goes well. Make sure your image size is not too big ! I always FTP to a temp folder to check this. Once you get it working then you can quit ftp to a folder. My image is around 122KB and it works fine.View attachment 79797
Yea i've been trying for many days now and still nothing on WU. Sent emails to them and no response.

here is my image being uploaded. It's 99KB size on the disk so should be well below the size limit. I'm doing the same as you, posting to the stored folder so i can see the image and its size.

Attachments

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I had to remove the "/" in the folder section. In the base folder input

ttroglio

n3wb
Reaction score
I had to remove the "/" in the folder section
Attempting that now. Think I've tried that but I'll do it again.

I purchased the BI LTE version yesterday thinking it was due to the 'evaluation copy' being put on all the images during my testing. Shall see.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I also used what they said to put in the server address . No check in the passive box as well.

ttroglio

n3wb
Reaction score
Unchecking box. Wonder what it does. Also I'm using specific IP for wunderground FTP/

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Unchecking box. Wonder what it does. Also I'm using specific IP for wunderground FTP/
I would just try my settings with you cam and credentials...mine works. I posted a screen shot above.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
They have had recent changes to their FTP settings. My old FTP configuration I had in BI stopped working. After some online forum reading I found these work. The "/" I had in my old setting but it would not work, when if I left it blank it works LOL