How do I access camera on different subnet?

Reaction score
I changed my ip camera to 192.168.254.2 for Hikvision. I'd like to access it to change some settings. Everything I've tried won't work. Any Ideas?

Sadp can't find it.
Changing computer subnet won't work
Hikvision camera management won't work

basti76nie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you use a NVR?
Did you connect your cameras directly to the NVR?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have 'Virtual Host' enabled on the NVR.
That's fine for camera web GUI access.
If you want to go further, for full access:

If this is 'how to access Hikvision NVR PoE-connected cameras from the LAN', there are quite a few posts on the topic.
The essence is as follows:

"
If you're inclined to experiment - you can access PoE-connected cameras directly on a Hikvision NVR.
3 things required :

Enable 'Virtual Host' - the tick box under web GUI Network | Advanced Settings | Other. This implicitly activates the Linux kernel 'IP_forward' (not to be confused with port forwarding) facility to route traffic between the NVR PoE and LAN interfaces.

Ensure that the default gateway setting on the PoE-connected cameras is the NVR PoE interface IP address, usually 192.168.254.1

Create a 'static route' on your LAN gateway/router to inform LAN devices how to reach the NVR PoE network segment.
Something like 'For network 192.168.254.0, subnet mask 255.255.255.0, use <NVR_LAN_interface_IP_address> as the gateway'.

Then the PoE-connected cameras can be accessed from the LAN via their native (192.168.254.x) IP address.
To confirm connectivity, ping the address or use 'tracert 192.168.254.x' to check the route."

basti76nie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you want a easy solution to find your cameras again than connect your PC also to the NVR Switch.
Than you're on the same network as the cameras and SADP will find the cameras

Reaction score
Virtual Host is enabled now. I can see only the hikvision camera. The foscam won't connect

Reaction score
I have 2 cameras (hikvision + foscam) and hikvision NVR The hikvision GUI logon page works. The foscam does not. SADP can find the hikvision but not foscam. Both cameras can be seen in live view

amos54

n3wb
Reaction score
I changed my ip camera to 192.168.254.2 for Hikvision. I'd like to access it to change some settings. Everything I've tried won't work. Any Ideas?

Sadp can't find it.
Changing computer subnet won't work
Hikvision camera management won't work
I added a second NIN card in my desktop and configured it for the subnet and connected wire form NIN to chaannel pot on NVR. Now SADP can see the cams again