Home Security Systems

JJStats

n3wb
Reaction score
Can somebody please review this list before I hit buy?

Am i missing anything / anything I should swap out for ?

View attachment 87255
Do provide an update parts list when you commit to buy. This is very helpful. Did you factor in the wires and amount you will be purchasing?

Jay Roman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do provide an update parts list when you commit to buy. This is very helpful. Did you factor in the wires and amount you will be purchasing?

Will do, Ive had a change of heart.

Wiring everything up is going to be an extreme hassel.

I am thinking about going complete wirless.

Either Honeywell Lyric or Resideo / Honeywell Home PROA7PLUSWLTAKE.

In this case, no wires necessary. Check out my chat with @smiticans

dude is legit !!!

Reaction score
Hey @smiticans . Incredibly helpful topic going here as I am in same boat trying to figure out a self monitored system. Any quick thoughts on Adobe Security systems? You also mentioned Honeywell seems to be going the integrator route with Profesional programming only. So, are there keypads or systems within Honeywell to avoid right now? Can all the keypads above be programmed? Thanks for sharing the knowledge..so much appreciated.

Reaction score
Hey @smiticans . Incredibly helpful topic going here as I am in same boat trying to figure out a self monitored system. Any quick thoughts on Adobe Security systems? You also mentioned Honeywell seems to be going the integrator route with Profesional programming only. So, are there keypads or systems within Honeywell to avoid right now? Can all the keypads above be programmed? Thanks for sharing the knowledge..so much appreciated.
The only system Honeywell sells at the moment that requires dealer programming is the Resideo ProA7 all-in-one wireless system. Honeywell claims they are releasing a firmware update that will enable end-user programming this year, but they have yet to do it.

If you're going DIY without central station monitoring I would recommend the Vista 20P with the Envisalink 4 module. If you want professional central station monitoring I would still recommend the Vista 20p but with the Honeywell LTE dual path communicator. The only reason I recommended an all-in-one wireless system for the OP is because he is going to be moving with the next two years so it didn't make sense for him to run wires for the system.

I briefly looked up the Abobe system. The system looks incredibly basic with a minimum amount of sensors. The system is proprietary so you have to use their service. They also don't have a real smoke detector. They only have a smoke alarm monitor. This sensor will listen for the sound of the existing smoke detectors in your house and it'll activate the system if it can "hear" your smoke detectors beeping. It doesn't actually detect smoke. In my opinion devices like that shouldn't even be allowed on a monitored alarm system. I wouldn't waste your money on it.

If you buy the Vista 20p control panel you'll have full control over the system and can self-monitor without any fees. You also have the option of using any central station you choose if you want to go that route.

Reaction score
Awesome...thanks. One other quick question on the 20P vs 21P. Looks like the only difference is the addition of internet communication module built into 21P? is that correct? any reason not to go with the 21P?

Jay Roman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Awesome...thanks. One other quick question on the 20P vs 21P. Looks like the only difference is the addition of internet communication module built into 21P? is that correct? any reason not to go with the 21P?
I got this one @smiticans

@Jeff Erdmann me and you are coming to the same conclusions

Jay Roman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For anyone who wants more information on the Resideo / Honeywell Home PROA7PLUSWLTAKE.

Reaction score
I got this one @smiticans

@Jeff Erdmann me and you are coming to the same conclusions

;) Thanks @Jay Roman ...perfect timing for all this info...you and @smiticans have helped ton here

Jay Roman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Finally bought the parts. I bought some used parts, but I also bought them new. just to see how they function. I went searching for the cheapest prices, and found a mixtue between : ALARM GRID, ALARM CLUB AND EBAY.

ALARM GRID
Alarm Grid.PNG

ALARM CLUB

Alarm Club.PNG

EBAY
Ebay.PNG

Reaction score
I noticed you purchased the PROWLTOUCHDM charging dock. That dock is for the secondary wireless touchscreen that integrates with the ProA7 plus. I didn't see the wireless touchscreen keypad in your order list. I do not believe that charging dock will work with the PROA7 panel. If you're looking for a desk mount for the ProA7 Panel you need the PROA7DM- Honeywell Home PROA7DM - Desk Mount for PROA7PLUS

Also, I'm not sure if the 5834 keyfob will work on the Proa7. It might be restricted to only work with the PROSIXFOB- Honeywell Home PROSIXFOB - Encrypted Wireless 4-Button Keyfob

I'm not 100 percent sure on this so I recommend checking with AlarmGrid.

I also noticed you purchased two 5800RP modules. How large of an area are you trying to cover with the system? I've never had to use a repeater. Only time I've seen them used is on very large houses.

EDIT: Also, I've heard the firmware update that allows end-user programming for the PROA7 is in beta testing and should be out soon.

Jay Roman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok
I noticed you purchased the PROWLTOUCHDM charging dock. That dock is for the secondary wireless touchscreen that integrates with the ProA7 plus. I didn't see the wireless touchscreen keypad in your order list. I do not believe that charging dock will work with the PROA7 panel. If you're looking for a desk mount for the ProA7 Panel you need the PROA7DM- Honeywell Home PROA7DM - Desk Mount for PROA7PLUS

Also, I'm not sure if the 5834 keyfob will work on the Proa7. It might be restricted to only work with the PROSIXFOB- Honeywell Home PROSIXFOB - Encrypted Wireless 4-Button Keyfob

I'm not 100 percent sure on this so I recommend checking with AlarmGrid.

I also noticed you purchased two 5800RP modules. How large of an area are you trying to cover with the system? I've never had to use a repeater. Only time I've seen them used is on very large houses.

EDIT: Also, I've heard the firmware update that allows end-user programming for the PROA7 is in beta testing and should be out soon.
Fuck man you are so amazing.

I am trying to find out if the 5834 key fob works from alarm grid and alarm club..i emailed them.

I also asked alarm club to switch my order to the correct docking station.

As far as the repeater. I have concrete walls. Thus why i ordered two, the used one was $20. I'll take that if it works proper .

Thanks for the update on the firmware

Reaction score
Yeah, the concrete walls will definitely reduce the range. If you don't already know this, the 5800RP will only extend the range for the 5800 series sensors, it will not extend the range of the PRO series wireless sensors because these are encrypted and on a different band. Resideo currently does not make a repeater for the Pro Six series of wireless sensors.

Jay Roman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Fuxk
Yeah, the concrete walls will definitely reduce the range. If you don't already know this, the 5800RP will only extend the range for the 5800 series sensors, it will not extend the range of the PRO series wireless sensors because these are encrypted and on a different band. Resideo currently does not make a repeater for the Pro Six series of wireless sensors.
Fuck, so are the repeaters useless??

Reaction score
No, it appears all of your sensors are the legacy 5800 series. The only items that are using the new Pro Six series wireless is the outdoor wireless siren and indoor wireless siren. So the repeater will work for everything except for the wireless sirens.

Jay Roman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No, it appears all of your sensors are the legacy 5800 series. The only items that are using the new Pro Six series wireless is the outdoor wireless siren and indoor wireless siren. So the repeater will work for everything except for the wireless sirens.
Man i love you .

I am worried that then outdoor sensor will not be able to communicate because of the concrete walls. But worst case scenario I'll just return it.

Do you think i am forgetting anything?

This system should last me a couple of years, no?

I only got one of the sensors because I need to test the concrete.

Reaction score
Worst case scenario is that you just have to play around with where you mount the main panel so it gets signal outside. I've never used the ProA7 before so I don't know how far the signal will travel.

Off the top of my head I think you have everything you need to get started. Later on you might want to add additional remote keypads and or fire/CO detection. I believe the ProA7 will only work with Pro Six smoke and CO detectors. I don' think they will allow the 5800 series smoke detectors to be programmed into the system.

I'd be surprised if the system doesn't last you at least 10 years. There are Vista systems that are still in service from 20 plus years ago.

Jay Roman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Worst case scenario is that you just have to play around with where you mount the main panel so it gets signal outside. I've never used the ProA7 before so I don't know how far the signal will travel.

Off the top of my head I think you have everything you need to get started. Later on you might want to add additional remote keypads and or fire/CO detection. I believe the ProA7 will only work with Pro Six smoke and CO detectors. I don' think they will allow the 5800 series smoke detectors to be programmed into the system.

I'd be surprised if the system doesn't last you at least 10 years. There are Vista systems that are still in service from 20 plus years ago.
Any difference ,,(besides the obvious- price and touchscreen)
Between the touchscreens and the keypads?

I am definitely gonna get a smoke detector

Reaction score
I've never used this system so I'm not 100 percent sure, but I believe they both provide the same function. The only difference is I think the touchscreen might allow you to access the z-wave automation features of the panel if you decide to use that, but you will have to check with alarmgrid on that.

Jay Roman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've never used this system so I'm not 100 percent sure, but I believe they both provide the same function. The only difference is I think the touchscreen might allow you to access the z-wave automation features of the panel if you decide to use that, but you will have to check with alarmgrid on that.

From alarm club rep.

And yes, your proa7 will work with any Honeywell products on our site, including 5800 series, six sensors, and pro six sensors.

The only items that cannot integrate, are keypads designed for other series, and batteries

so the 5834 key fob should work with the proa7