Hilook NVR NVR-104MH-C / 4P Video Export issue

5teve

n3wb
Reaction score
HI All - I'm hoping this is a simple fix....

We have the above nvr at our premises and after an attempted break in i'm trying to download the video.

The issue isnt that i can download it - its the fact that the downloaded video is very very poor and only 640x360 resolution. I have main and event set as follows but it appears that the export is from the substream. Is there any way of getting the full resolution video off the machine?

Thanks in advance

Steve

1695708372789.png

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Assuming this Hikvision sub-brand user interface is similar to the stock Hikvision one -

Check out the recording settings.
NVR web GUI | Storage | Schedule Settings | Advanced button
to see what stream type is set to record.

What does the playback resolution look like when seen on a good resolution monitor, full screen?

5teve

n3wb
Reaction score
Assuming this Hikvision sub-brand user interface is similar to the stock Hikvision one -

Check out the recording settings.
NVR web GUI | Storage | Schedule Settings | Advanced button
to see what stream type is set to record.

What does the playback resolution look like when seen on a good resolution monitor, full screen?
Thanks for the response

Playback is generally good - I have the cameras all set at 3072x1728 also - so everything i can find is set to over FHD.. just when i download the files they are 360p and small (30mins at 10mb) its seems pointless recording at that if you cannot download at the full resolution

Below is the setting you refer to I think - Main stream

1695788137714.png

5teve

n3wb
Reaction score
Actually I take that back - the playback of a recording on the main machine on a 1080p TV is pretty poor..

Ive been trhough all the settings and cannot find anything

5teve

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok so another update - I did a basic reset on the system itself - set things up again (not a full factory reset) and it appears to have come good. One camera of the 4 was recording in full resolution.. and taking up a good chunk of the disk. the other 3 were low res..

I'm not sure if was to do with main output display being set to 4 cameras as anything over 2 cameras displayed it seems to switch to the substream. Having just tested it it appears not to make a difference to the recording.. so I doubt its that - I guess its just a glitch and i'll just have to monitor it. For now i hve reduced the motion detection to 2 cameras only as that shoud give us all the data we need..

Steve