Hikvison NVR Acusense false triggers on smart intrusion.

veko

n3wb
Reaction score
I am new to this, and trying to learn but there doesnt seem to be much information regarding the settings. The manuals are not very good.

First the NVR is a DS-7608NXI-I2 / 8P/S
DS-7608NXI.png

I have set up an area for intrusion with smart analysis
Intrusion_Settings.png

But when I look at playback there seems to be false triggers from trees. I though that the Acusense part was supposed to be smart enough to not trigger this type of stuff? What am I doing wrong here?
Intrusion_Trigger_1.png

veko

n3wb
Reaction score
That looks like a motion event as opposed to an intrusion event.
Check the NVR log to confirm the event type.
Basic Event is not enabled on this. Where can I see this log you talk about? it seem that when I look at the NVR directly and search it finds just human & vehicles. But when going on the web interface, I am unable to search for the same? is there a software I can use on PC, iPad or Phone to search for smart events?

Last edited:

veko

n3wb
Reaction score
The NVR log can be accessed via the web GUI Maintenance menu.
Ok, I think I found it. They all show "Alarm - Intrusion Detection..." I have looked at several over the whole day they all say Intrusion. So I dont get why I get this.
However, under playback I see a lot of false triggers. But then I look at the NVR itself and the check the file management or smart analysis then I only see the human/vehicle. Is that normal?
Intrusion_Trigger_Log.png

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I found it. They all show "Alarm - Intrusion Detection..."
You do seem to be getting a lot of these.
You can filter the log search better if you use Alarm for the Major Type and them Intrusion Detection for the minor type.

In your screenshot, the detection area for Intrusion Detection isn't red - suggesting it hasn't triggered at the point.
What trigger types do you have enabled in the NVR storage schedule settings?

edit Do you have anything enabled and scheduled under the Capture menu on the NVR web GUI?

veko

n3wb
Reaction score
You do seem to be getting a lot of these.
You can filter the log search better if you use Alarm for the Major Type and them Intrusion Detection for the minor type.

In your screenshot, the detection area for Intrusion Detection isn't red - suggesting it hasn't triggered at the point.
What trigger types do you have enabled in the NVR storage schedule settings?

edit Do you have anything enabled and scheduled under the Capture menu on the NVR web GUI?
When I draw the detection area its yellow as on image, never seen it red before. I only see red when there is a human or a car in view. the tree in the image is yellow.

do you mean this setting? I am color blind so its hard to tell if this show event or continuous...
schedule_1.png

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I have on that as well, not sure what's the difference is?
That facility is used for capturing images.
You can see the activity in your log search.
And you should be able to see the results of that in the Picture top-level menu.
If you're not needing that facility, it would be as well to not enable it.

On the original problem - you've confirmed from the log search that Intrusion Detection is being triggered when you don't expect it, and there are no Motion Detection events.
Playback should also confirm that by the intrusion detection area flashing red when triggered.
And that Motion Detection is not enabled.
Maybe there is a need to re-visit the settings for Intrusion Detection to try to keep the tree out of the results.

veko

n3wb
Reaction score
That facility is used for capturing images.
You can see the activity in your log search.
And you should be able to see the results of that in the Picture top-level menu.
If you're not needing that facility, it would be as well to not enable it.

On the original problem - you've confirmed from the log search that Intrusion Detection is being triggered when you don't expect it, and there are no Motion Detection events.
Playback should also confirm that by the intrusion detection area flashing red when triggered.
And that Motion Detection is not enabled.
Maybe there is a need to re-visit the settings for Intrusion Detection to try to keep the tree out of the results.
I think its my incompetence with Hikvision. It seems that all evens are recorded as they should, its just that under playback it shows eveything also the false triggers. Looking at notifications from the Hik Connect app it only shows human/vehicle as it should. the yellow box in my original image is a false trigger, but when human/vehicle then its a red box.