HIkvision works on SADP and not able to open any browser ???

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd wondered if by any chance one was on the min-system state which shows as 4.0.8 in SADP but it sounds like not. This would not respond to the browser.
It's a bit of a puzzle as your setup seems ok.
What's the IP address of the camera that's not on the .21 address?
Wow that's a lot of snow. And really really cold.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Still cannot open camera on browser, o probably 30 hours on this issue so far. Just got back from Cuba and tackling this challenge again. Not sure why one camera was so easy and this one a issue. Both identical settings on sadp with different ip naturally.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Remember that SADP will see the cameras across IP segments.
The fact that SADP can see the camera does not mean that you can ping it, depending on their respective IP addresses.
PC IP address=?
Camera IP address as seen via SADP=?

Try accessing the 192.168.0.21 address with your browser, if you have the HTTP port=80
http://192.168.0.21
local IP 192.168.0.1

camera in sadp 192.168.0.21

other camera that works with all same settings ip 192.168.0.10

255.255.255.0 both on port 80

passwords fine

i cannot access the ip in browser whether i type it direct or hit the ip in sadp directly

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
On the face of it this is certainly a puzzle.

And something else that may be worth trying as it provides a lot of info:
The Windows tool ONVIF Device Manager from sourceforge.net is pretty useful for querying ONVIF-compliant cameras.
My suggestion is to install it and see what it makes of the camera.
You will need to provide it with suitable login name and password.
See if the camera shows Live Video, and see what the thumbnail of the camera web page shows.
And verify that the network settings look normal.
Some screenshots might be useful.

And I presume the IP address of the PC is still 192.168.0.15

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
On the face of it this is certainly a puzzle.

And something else that may be worth trying as it provides a lot of info:
The Windows tool ONVIF Device Manager from sourceforge.net is pretty useful for querying ONVIF-compliant cameras.
My suggestion is to install it and see what it makes of the camera.
You will need to provide it with suitable login name and password.
See if the camera shows Live Video, and see what the thumbnail of the camera web page shows.
And verify that the network settings look normal.
Some screenshots might be useful.

And I presume the IP address of the PC is still 192.168.0.15
I have tried that downloaded and it showed the 2132 but not the 3132. I went outside and even brought camera in just now and plugged an old reliable foscam in and it worked fine. So the cable is fine as well.

Cant ping the 3132 but can ping the 2132 as well.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
To progress this puzzle I think we need the detail of what SADP is showing, as it's apparently the only way that the camera is being seen.
You've said that both cameras show normally, with the 5.2.5 firmware, on SADP, and with correct IP addresses in the same range as the PC is on.
But you cannot ping the 3132 camera.
local IP 192.168.0.1
camera in sadp 192.168.0.21
other camera that works with all same settings ip 192.168.0.10
Please post a screenshot of SADP showing both cameras.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Got it going few weeks back then I decided I wanted to see in outside of network. I changed HTTP to 8025 from 80 now can not see in browser again and it wont't let me change back HTTP to 80 in SADP. I DL the newest SADP (version3) and can log into camera I try to change HTTP to 80 and it says modification accepted then reverts back to 8025 every time. ? A definite bug with 5.2.5 I just don't recall how I got it working last time I think I went back to factory ip or something ??

Last edited by a moderator:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I changed HTTP to 8025 from 80 now can not see in browser again
Dumb question, for which apologies, but did you address the camera with the browser like this: http://<cameraIPaddress>:8025
It should also be possible to change the HTTP port using the very good Windows open-source tool 'ONVIF Device Manager' from sourceforge.net
You need to give ODM a valid logon for it to be able to change the camera configuration - top left of the window.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes tried direct http log in 192.168.0.11:8025 and it won't show up adn does not show up on onvif manager either. I can see it on sadp and allows me to change the http back to 80 but soon as I refresh to check it goes back to 8025 even though it says changes were accepted with my password. I will try the ODM valid login on I assume a manual entry to find the camera.

Follow up:

ONVIF:Its says no end point listening on 192.168.0.11:8025 could be incorrect address or SOAP although that is the setting at moment showing in SADP.

Solved:

Don't ask how but, what I did is on SADP changed to a higher ip 192.168.0.110:80 then unplugged camera and during the boot up hit update on SADP tool and for what ever reason I can see camera on browser. So it may have needed the reboot or the SADP update during boot up trick not sure but, it works and thank you.

Lol follow up:

Now lost it again it worked for a few minutes, at least SADP has the HTTP at 80 and is staying but, can't see on browser or on IVMS although IVMS sees it and I added it ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So since my Imporx V2 10X died last night I need to put something in its place today . So I am back at trying this Hik 3132 - I that never really worked well. What I can tell is that the IPV6 seems to populate with some giberish instead of ::
Any thoughts ?
Update; I can ping camera from router and shows on the network as well.

Attachments

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
That looks OK, assuming the IPv4 address is within the range of your normal LAN, which it will be if you can ping from the router.
Does the firmware version look normal (ie not 4.0.8)?
What's the history? Did you brick it and store it?
Web access does what?

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
NO never bricked it and never updated it, that was version it shipped with about a year ago. It always dropped signal so I just bought the imporx. Cannot access it via any browser. It shows up on SADP and like i said the router sees it and can ping it fine.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have the same problem please, did you find the solution ?
The camera is part-bricked, running the 'min-system recovery mode'.
What is the history of the camera?

It can be unbricked and updated using this method:
Unbrick and fully upgrade your R0 / DS-2CD2x32 IP cameras -
R0 / DS-2CD2x32 BrickfixV2 brick recovery and full upgrade tool - enhanced.

**edit**
Actually - can't be unbricked with this method, it's an R6 camera.
It needs the correct R6 firmware.
The brickfixv2 method does not apply.

Last edited: