Hikvision V3.4.3 firmware issues

Dilbertic

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well this was a eye opener. 1st time I contacted Hikvision TS after I bought my unit on Ebay from what I thought was a USA Seller... I reported that ever few hours my unit would reboot, I then get the following reply from Hikvision:
I am currently out of the office till nov ... ( ok so no worries )

The next day I get an email saying please fill out all this info about your unit, ok I thought they were out of office... So I fill out the info and then I get a reply back pretty back that say ( See bottom )

OK well I am trying to report a bug and instead I am told, hey you have a grey market device and you shouldn't be using the firmware we have posted and we don't support you have a nice day !! Wow, really isn't this the same unit the USA sellers sell? I try to report an issue and this is how you treat a customer, it's not like I am using some fake clone... So I told them then start labeling the unit for which country they should be used and sold in on front and have ebay and other places you have listed to stop selling grey or black market units, or might this hurt your sales numbers..

Sad I ever bought this unit now from this company :( and yes the unit keeps rebooting ever few others, sucks...

The provided Serial Number of the device that you purchased is NOT from our USA authorized distributor. So, you will need to go back to your point of purchase for support. The firmware on our website is only compatible with Hikvision US Market Product.

At Hikvision, we would like to build our business with you and accomplish goal together. In doing so, we can built it by working with Hikvision USA Team, we do have local Sales Engineers and Sales Managers in your territory that can help with your need like support and the right avenues for purchase and support.

Please find below the Hikvision unauthorized distribution policy. Thank you for your understanding.

Hotelone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I feel your pain, I went through this about six months ago. Their distribution policies have been flogged ad nauseum on this forum. First, find your serial number and then do a search on this forum for "Hikvision Region codes" and find out where yours are intended to be marketed. If it's for the China market don't touch it. My NVR turned out to be an "RR <- Other/unspecified" and I have been able to update it with firmware from the Hikvision Europe site but do your due diligence and spend a lot of time reading this forum before you take the plunge. YOU CAN EASILY BRICK YOUR NVR!

HIKVISION EUROPE

I'm convinced that Hik markets these "RR" units primarily to sell a whole lot of units that they never have to provide support for and only secondarily to protect their USA vendors.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's crap isn't it, no way to treat your most valuable asset, your customers.
It's a pity, because the products are pretty good, but the 'authorised resellers' clearly hold too much sway with Hikvision, trying to prop up their inflated margins.
What model is your NVR?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
My NVR turned out to be an "RR <- Other/unspecified" and I have been able to update it with firmware from the Hikvision Europe site but do your due diligence and spend a lot of time reading this forum before you take the plunge
What firmware version are you currently on?

Hotelone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
PS, search for a recent thread I started - I was getting reboots every hour or so and phantom "SuperAdmin" entries in the log and a "Reset all the parameters, except the IP parameters and user information, to the default settings" got things right again.

Dilbertic

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Seems like it should just be illegal or maybe it is or needs to be, most companies block grey market sales but it seems Hikvision to just let it dump then play the it out of our control while making a profit from it. The units should be clearly marked which Region it was intented for which would also cut down on black market sales, but guess it doesn't matter if the company doesn't have any honor or respect the customers.

I have a DS-7608NI-E2
I updated to the USA firmware V3.4.3, Build 160822

The reason I upgraded as that I forget I had the multi lng version and it was having issue, so I upgraded to the USA firmware, where reviewing the footage could result with a freeze and a reboot and the quailty seemed to be worse, so I saw they had a newer firmware and I upgraded. The link on there website to the firmware is bad, ( they must have sh@t QA or none ) so I found a direct link to the firmware on there site and used it, it all seemed fine until......

So now I need to see how to look up the region for my unit, but I have installed the multi euro version on my unit and it worked " iN THE PAST " AS I typed before my unit rebooted so I might be installing the multi lang version :(

> 08 20150919 A A RR xxxxxxxxx WCVU ( xxx's are the serial, but not sure what WCVC is )

Thanks

Last edited:

Hotelone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
alastairstevenson: "So, have you added the other HDD back and it's still OK?"

Thanks. I added the questionable Powerline connected cam two days ago and everything is still well. I'm adding the second HDD back tonight. I'm suspecting that the almost total reset was the key. With all the screwing around I've done with this system over the last six months I've gotten pretty good getting all the configuration settings back the way I want them quickly, although the many times that I've done it may not exactly be a ringing endorsement for Hikvision.

Dilbertic

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I can say last time I went from the Multi Lng firmware to the USA firmware it wiped all my settings, but I also see the Hikvision website says you have to upgrade the firmware in order of builds you can't skip one.. Thats kinda scary

Hotelone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
FWIW, I've skipped HIK Europe upgrade builds on my NVR and not had any problems. I think the problem arises with the cameras themselves, specifically getting past the 5.4.0 version that didn't allow you to degrade versions. Those I upgraded incrementally. YMMV

Hotelone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dilbertic: "I can say last time I went from the Multi Lng firmware to the USA firmware it wiped all my settings..."

Thanks to Hikvision I've redone my settings so many times I think I could do it with my screen turned off. The USA firmware is many versions older, I've used the European firmware since day one.

Phillip Walker

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have spent the last 62 days onto hikvision about the abnormal shutdown reboots with my DS-7608NI-I2/8P. In conclusion, theres no fix, so its been returned and refunded. They don't know what the issue is, and can not fix it.

Dilbertic

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I never had this issue until I updated to the lastest USA firmware 3.4.3 I am guessing is it leaking memory and max's out and reboots, this is pretty common on computers and devices when dev does poor coding and of course QA doesn't catch it... Think they need to QA the QA and dev teams, this could be a great product and I am sure they are trying, but they are releasing it to soon and making us the beta sites.. i am goingto try the NVR_K41_BL_EN_STD_V3.4.90_161008 firmware and see what happens.

Dilbertic

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Update since replacing the v3.4.3 USA firmware with the UK NVR_K41_BL_EN_STD_V3.4.90_161008 firmware, no reboots or issues so far :)