Hikvision Scene Switching at Night

flyinghack

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought the hikvision acusense (DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL) camera and overall its an amazing product. However I'm trying to get the perfect balance between day and night. Within the scene settings menu it gives an option for "Low Illumination". This setting is FANTASTIC for night time and the picture is crystal clear. Obviously this scene is not suitable for day time. I'd much rather use this scene at night than just a standard Black and White IR picture. However from the settings menu I can't for the life of me work out how to schedule / auto a change from my normal day time scene to my low illumination scene at night. Is there really no way to do this or am I missing something?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
This setting is FANTASTIC for night time and the picture is crystal clear.
Maybe so - because by default this has the exposure set at 1/6 second.
With any movement, all you will see is a ghostly blur.

However from the settings menu I can't for the life of me work out how to schedule / auto a change from my normal day time scene to my low illumination scene at night.
Check out the 'Image Parameters switch' configuration tab for setting the daily schedule for each month of the year.

flyinghack

n3wb
Reaction score
Maybe so - because by default this has the exposure set at 1/6 second.
With any movement, all you will see is a ghostly blur.

Check out the 'Image Parameters switch' configuration tab for setting the daily schedule for each month of the year.
Thanks, Image Parameter was exactly what I was looking for! and Yes you're right about the 1/6 second. Changed it to 1/25 for night.