Hikvision R6 'Cube" DS-2CD2442FWD-IW

jyun

n3wb
Reaction score
Hikvision DS-2CD2442FWD-IW R6 Cube 5.5.0 Firmware Issues

I see there may be a few of you who took the plunge and updated to 5.5.0. Man was that a mistake! All three of my DS-2CD2442FWD-IW camera totally took a dump. They are ONLY accessible via ethernet now and I had to statically assign IP addresses and remove DHCP reservations from the router. I attempted to downgrade via the web interface and that doesnt work. I have managed to get two of them back on WiFi and assigned via DHCP IP's but they seem to go in and out. The really bad one I have reset several times and can access via ethernet but no go on WiFi at all.

My big question is (1) anyone else expereincing this and if so, what have you done to resolve it. I am trying to downgrade back to 5.4.x and be stable again. If I need to, I can just wait for a new code drop in the coming months also.

Note: I see on a recent thread that some people did have this same issues Hikvision IPC Firmware 5.5.0 - released 24 Sept 2017

I bought these via Amazon for $92 on sale a couple months ago and of course Hikvision USA wont warranty them. So, its not the end of the world but more of a hassle.

Last edited:

Bink

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
They are ONLY accessible via ethernet now and I had to statically assign IP addresses and remove DHCP reservations from the router.
FWIW, I have no seemingly related issues here with a few DS-2CD2442FWD-IWs running V5.5.0 build 170725. While my cameras are DHCP, I do have reservations for them, but I don’t use Wi-Fi.